1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I will no longer get dopamine from my phone.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I will try my best to stop skimming through my phone to entertain myself or get that dopamine my brain is in need of. Instead I’m going to try to work for my dopamine like a real man. Like how real people did before the boom of the internet.

This sparked my interest because I also want to be more in the moment. Forgo my phone for pleasure as much as I have been so far. And look to my real life for excitement and entertainment. Instead of mechanically getting my needs met through a phone. It’s like I’m hungry and instead of cooking myself a meal I eat virtual meat loaf. I’m still starving and it will never satisfy me but I keep eating it because I’m addicted to it and it’s less work.

Real men work for their needs and meet their own. That’s what I’m going to try to do more of starting now. I’m hoping this shift in lifestyle will help with my depression too.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  2. Rockemsockemrobots

Rockemsockemrobots Fapstronaut

I hope you achieve the way beyond depression, may good be with you!

Kman20 likes this.
  3. j0rdi3

j0rdi3 Fapstronaut

Great post, OP. I will say that deleteing social media helps a lot. Although it may make you feel disconnected from others at first, you will have more of a drive to actually hang out with people in person instead of messaging them on Facebook or writing on their wall. Another great thing that you can is to start to develop skills that add value to your life, like learning to speed-type or learning a new foreign language. You don't have to completely stop using your phone but I think you've got the right idea in making an attempt to outsource your dopamine production to other more productive and meaningful tasks.

Best of luck, man

Manchester and Kman20 like this.
  4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Yeah, my main issue is finding something fun to do that is also not taking away from my immediate environment. So I want to have something fun to do that’s right in front of me rather than mindlessly searching the internet for something entertaining. I do have instagram and snapchat but I use it to connect with people I know in real life. I’m going to try using it to enhance my reality instead of taking away from it. I draw as well but admittedly I can get bored if it after a while or not be too engaged in at all. Finding the drive to start it is hard to because it doesn’t seem as fun.