1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I will never masturbate again

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Westsidejimmy, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Westsidejimmy

Westsidejimmy Fapstronaut

It's all the same. PMO, following politics, and if you have a job that involves a lot of data analytics like me your still masturbating at work. I've stopped all such unnecessary activity and after 320 or so days this is the first day I haven't had a headache in at least 13 years. That computer is destroying your soul brothers.

2. davidx

davidx Fapstronaut

My job keeps me glued to my phone and computer- my way to unwind and relax..... usually the internet / YouTube, etc.

I am 50 I remember no computers and no internet and hell I remember rotary phones. Lol

Technology is great but it’s taking over and encroaching on EVERY aspect of our existence.

Easy to see why so many people get so addicted to Social Media and PMO, etc.

Buddhabro, SirErnest and Gmork like this.
  3. Westsidejimmy

Yep,

I am worried as shit about my own kids. I used to justify my screen time thinking I was helping cure cancer. Now I realize it was part of my addiction. I'm negotiating a new job right now and one of the key points is limited screen time.

JewishDude, Gmork and davidx like this.
  4. Abu_sameer

Abu_sameer Fapstronaut

Data analytics? interesting im studying data science field, still learning the basics , is your job hard?

5. Westsidejimmy

My job encompasses way more than that. I'm a scientist with a couple of decades of experience. The data just became a large part of my job in the last ten years. Now with AI coming on line I think a lot of data science jobs might disappear in the next decade.

6. Westsidejimmy

I just hit bottom one day and turned my laptop off. Since then I have barely looked at it. I got off of social media a long time ago. Turns out all my real friends know how to communicate with me outside of Facebook.

I read an article about politics and the news detailing what it was like 100 years ago. People were lucky to get the national news once a month. Most went about their lives rarely if ever talking about politics. Of course they were busy trying to survive but what if in today's society you just tuned out of all of it. Turns out for me that works. I just don't care unless it's going to directly impact me or my family.
    And the politicians want you to be emotionally involved. It's the fast pass to your wallet.

PeterBE and Gmork like this.
  7. over50

over50 Fapstronaut

Good advice. I have my own rules when it comes to social media. I stopped Instagram with the exception of personal friends, FB is also OK - only personal friends, no triggers; on YT I am marking anything that might be triggering with "not interested" and I am only following certain topics (news, politics, specific sports activities - no "fitness" topics as they are full of triggers). Helps me a lot to stay away from the "slippery slope". Good luck to you!

8. Vir Rex

Vir Rex Fapstronaut

I'm forced to use my computer a lot as I'm finishing up my Senior Thesis. After I'm done, I'm gonna work in nature so I'll never have to look at any abominable LED screen ever again!

Westsidejimmy likes this.