1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to wake up early to be a habit tips?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Vince356, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Vince356

Vince356 Fapstronaut

Any stories or tricks for you early risers who get up to what seems so impossibly early for me? My goal is to wake up 6:45 am everyday :)

2. Audere est Facere

Audere est Facere Fapstronaut

sleep by 1030p to 11p. Adhere to your bedtime

Use an alarm clock. Set it to 645am. Don't snooze the alarm. If you must snooze. Start with 630, and use 3 snoozes to 645

Don't drink coffee past afternoon.

Once you wake up, take a cold shower

3. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Avoid Blue Lights at night,
    Do things that make you sleepy, like reading for example,
    If you spend much time in bed and don't fall asleep, get up.
    Stay awake during the day, naps may make the process worse.
    And DON'T PANIC, panicking only will make things worse.

Vince356 likes this.
  4. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Set your alarm for 6:15 and hit snooze a few times until its 6:45 and it will be a lot easier

Vince356 likes this.
  5. silenteagle

silenteagle Fapstronaut

keep your alarm clock a couple metres away from you.When it rings,you will have to get up and snooze the alarm.It might help!It's helped me!

6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

The thing is not only about waking up early but also having enough energy. I can get up early in the morning but always feel tired, couldn't focus well enough til late morning. I'm not a morning bird.

Vince356 and Aiyoshi like this.
  7. Kennen

Kennen Fapstronaut

In your case, I recommend you to sleep early man..

~Drinking coffee at the right time or taking a short nap, also helps in adjusting your body clock.

For example, (For us who have amendable shifting schedule)..
    I need to wake up a little bit late tomorrow at 9am however my regular wake-up time is 4am..
    What I will do is to drink coffee at lunch to stay awake, or a short nap at the afternoon, for me to sleep a little bit late.

If my boss, ask me to be early..
    I will avoid nap and caffeine for me to sleep early.

~Exercise regularly.
    It also helps. I don't know how and why it helps though.
    But it works for me, maybe because it helps in staying my body active.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Bora88 and Vince356 like this.
  8. Proceed

Proceed Fapstronaut

I usually wake up around 7am, usually on weekends too. I agree with silenteagle.. place your alarm clock across the room so you have to walk over to it. Also about the energy thing I would agree with Kennen.. exercise regularly. I have read that establishing a reward system for yourself works as well, for example give yourself something to do in the morning that you will look forward to.

9. silenteagle

silenteagle Fapstronaut

Well in that case try to do you work in the nights!do what really suits you ;)

10. Producktive

Producktive New Fapstronaut

Get the alarm clock called "Screaming Meanie". It is basically a fire alarm that goes off when you want it to. I find it impossible to go back to sleep afterwards.

11. Put the alarm clock on the other side of your room. That helped. I also ended up putting my gun across the room with it since the temptation to shoot my alarm clock was strong.

Aiyoshi and Audere est Facere like this.
  12. insanityisuponus

insanityisuponus Fapstronaut

I wake up around 5-6 every day with no alarm, but that's mostly because for years I've been waking up at 5 every morning for the military. I'm also a really big morning person. I have most of my energy in the morning and feel better about being awake early. I think that maybe your focus is in the wrong place. If you want to wake up early, it should fall into place pretty easily. Just set an alarm for 5 every morning, or 6:45, or whatever, and wake up and move around. The first week will be rough, but then your body's circadian rhythm will adapt and you'll be fine. I recommend not working out when adjusting your sleep schedule, since your fatigue causes a loss of motor control, and results in an increased risk of injury. But walking is a good happy medium. I walk for several hours nearly every day, because I live in Japan and don't have a car. I also spend a lot of time standing, since sitting is bad for you.
    On the other hand, you may be thinking of this from the wrong angle. Why do you want to wake up early? Is it because you think it'll make you more productive? A lot of people are way more productive at night, and you might be one of them. I know that I'm a morning person, but you might not be. Give yourself an honest assessment, and if you feel like you'd rather be up early then make the decision and stick to it. It's really just one week of pain, then it's fine. Just don't take fricking naps haha, they will ruin you. Once you're adjusted, you can take a 20 minute nap at some point, studies show that that won't interrupt your circadian rhythm.
    Hope this helps.

Vince356 likes this.
  13. Vince356

Vince356 Fapstronaut

Mainly want to get up early because the school requires it as of very many other. But my hope for getting up early is to be able to do it more naturally without it being such a pain and also having enough energy to last me throughout the day without (sleeping in class). But I also found this week that on weekends not snoozing too much later than my regular school time helps along with a little regular exercises here and there all consistently.

14. Vince356

Vince356 Fapstronaut

I really appreciate everyones tips and advice. I've been trying some of your suggestions that you've given to me to try and help me reach my goal, feeling everyday getting up early is becoming easier thank you!

Audere est Facere and Aiyoshi like this.
  15. Dziki007

Dziki007 Fapstronaut

Ill try this habit too ;)

Vince356 and Aiyoshi like this.
  16. Vince356

Vince356 Fapstronaut

Go for it! Keep me updated with your progress i'd love to hear from you!