1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to leave USA and go to the Amazon

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Selfcontrol1, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Hahaha I understand that . And it's awesome you can do that. For me that's not practical. To much money need it for travel alot. Alot of money usually means alot of work together with alot of stress. Me.... I pass. At less in my particular circumstances . Plus.... I'm from the planet earth man. Any where is my casa

LEPAGE and MLMVSS like this.
  2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Usually the most memorable trips are the ones where I was fiscally frugal (as you don’t need to have as much money as you think). I’d end up taking buses and trains instead of aeroplanes, or house sitting for people or camping instead of getting a hotel room, etc, and those choices always were more adventurous for me. However, I definitely understand your financial position and your concerns also.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  3. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

Peace corps is a two year commitment, plus the 3 month training. Could be what you're seeking. I'll leave you to it:

https://www.peacecorps.gov/

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  4. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

:rolleyes:

5. You could go to Sark. It's illegal to drive cars over there.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  6. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Sark?

7. Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  8. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Sounds like a beautiful place!
    I'm also from a island. Cuba.
    I have done alot of research of the amazon rainforest. And I'm in love. I have met people form Venezuela and Brazil and Peru. And I have ask the many questions. I think amazona will be. I'm planning to move in six months. First. I want to quit this staff and prepare my self in every way possible

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. Amazon? No thanks. They have all those tiny frogs that'll kill you if you just touch them.

On a serious note: The Peace Corp suggestion sounds great. Everyone I've met that has spent time working for the Peace Corp found it to be a wonderful fulfilling experience.

Good luck in what ever you choose to do. There is so much out there for us to experience.

LEPAGE and Selfcontrol1 like this.
  10. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

. Thank you  my friend ! Somewhere will be.. For now the amazon is on the top of my list. But will see.. :):)

11. It was an interesting experience and I was lucky to have it since most people can say they've lived and worked on Sark. But it was a bit of an adjustment to make since I have never lived on an Island before and since there were no cars I had to walk everywhere. But since you're in America it might be too far and too expensive for you to travel there. Amazon is closer for you.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  12. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Try Bhuthan.....Cost of living is less if thats what you are looking for. If you are a nature lover then you will love it

Selfcontrol1 likes this.
  13. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Try Bhutan.....Cost of living is less if thats what you are looking for. If you are a nature lover then you will love it

14. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the homework. I'm going to investigate some about that on! : )

15. I just feel like you're assuming you can't have what you want in the US, and that assumption is probably false. If all you want is the basic needs, you can do that here. You don't need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to live here if you want to live on basic needs.

But hey, this is your life and you can do whatever you want. I just think a lot of what you're saying about the US is not accurate at all. There are plenty of videos on minimalism and people living off the grid here. It's not impossible, and there's already a good community of people doing it.

LEPAGE, MLMVSS and Selfcontrol1 like this.
  16. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the replay brother.

17. I say go for it. Its your life and you seem pretty sure about it so...safe travels

"Tomorrow begins our greatest adventure"

Deleted Account and Selfcontrol1 like this.
  18. Selfcontrol1

Selfcontrol1 Fapstronaut

Thank you. I'm selling my car . That's the last thing and couple other minor preparations and I'm gone

19. Alright, cool. Good luck and i hope everything works out well for you.

Deleted Account and Selfcontrol1 like this.
  20. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

I still feel you should stay in the US. If it's the jungle life you're looking for, then you should look at rural Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, etc. I've seen the Burt Reynolds movies (Gator). Seems pretty secluded. Dana Andrews and Walter Brennan made it look easy in Swamp Water. That way, if you change your mind or run into trouble, you can just walk out into civilization.

Either way, it's your life, and I wish you luck. Personally, I'd miss the cooler months where I don't smell like a dirty old sock.

Selfcontrol1 likes this.