1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to enjoy my mornings

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by slamdunk, Apr 15, 2015.

1. slamdunk

slamdunk Fapstronaut

I thought a lot about what i do throughout the day, and what leads me to pmo.
    My masturbation cycle always starts in the morning, when i wake up with my head up my butt and all. The moment i am the most vulnerable, the moment i can litterally have no will. It is my habit, my desire for pmo that lead my body. Most of the time i dont even notice until 3-4 minutes of touching myself... That i am actually doing it.
    And i cannot find a way to counter it.
    What do you fellow survivors think bout it, should i handcuff myself? Maybe one of you have more natural advices to give me.

2. NoMo_Po

NoMo_Po Fapstronaut

You just need to start. Once you start make a new routine. As you said you subconsciously do it every morning just start a new routine.

Your body will Naturally get used to it. The hard part is starting.

Kurapika, JensDK42 and Alloallo like this.
  3. Alloallo

Alloallo Fapstronaut

Being half awake is the hardest time for me to stay on track. I try to minimize that time by starting the instant I wake up or instant the alarm goes off. You wake up, 10 seconds later you should be in the shower(cold for a second if necessary).

I feel your pain. The fight in you isn't awake yet, it's a frustrating thing to look back on but it can be controlled.

4. JensDK42

JensDK42 Guest

Definitely starting to make a habit of not touching yourself is a good way. Even if it's just a little bit at a time.
    I used to wake up humping the bed sometimes, and there isn't much to do except stop it as soon as you're aware.

5. IGY

IGY Guest

Were you a prone masturbator Naikolai, or was the thrusting just instinctive in a semi-conscious state?

6. writer239

writer239 Fapstronaut

I'm the same way. When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I usually do is PMO. Don't give in. Get up, take a cold shower and wait until it goes away. Don't touch yourself at all, or you will give in and start stroking and it will end in failure.

7. Try to jump out the bed quickly, have a full glass of water and a fruit, go cycling a bit and then have your breakfast.

8. slamdunk

slamdunk Fapstronaut

Do you think that dping a handstand cn help out? more blood pressure on the brain and less around my penis.

Anyway i started with touching myself for a few minutes but fortunately i did not ejaculate. I feel kinda proud lol( but not enough to put it pn a facebook status). I have looked at the threat, drank half a bottle of water, and going to eat and run know.
    Tomorrow morning i will try the cold water shower, seems a bit crazy but i hurt myself with fpping, so why not by cleaning myself.

Thanks to all of you guys!

9. Shock Diesel

Shock Diesel Fapstronaut

Hey Slamdunk,

I can relate to your difficulties, because I've had those same moments where I just start to edge and get aroused without really trying to--as if my actions were on auto-pilot.

My best advice is that when you wake up, don't lie in bed. Get straight up, do an exercise or take a cold shower. Any activity would do, as long as it takes away that possibility--that opportunity-- for you to act without thinking.

Brains tend to cement a certain action really quickly, leading to a repeat of that action over and over again. The way you described it, it seems the circuits in your brain have been hardwired to repeat this action without you psychologically thinking about it. Whenever I've encountered situations like yours, I tend to believe that meditation is the best answer in solving the problem. Now, I realize people in today's society are super busy, but taking some time off to meditate would be beneficial for everyone. The results of meditation allow you to gain more control over your body, physically and mentally. I was watching a YouTube video of a a man describing his experience with meditation and how it can change your mind and change your life. I will let the video do the talking. I bring it up because I am trying to drive in the point that we don't realize our actions--it takes observation of our feelings and what causes them that help us to change who we are.

Anyway you shape it, you can overcome this difficulty! Find a technique like the ones mentioned above by me or by the posters, and see what works for you.

Before I go, I have one last thing to say: Even though our brains might be hardwired to act and repeat, they are also like plastic; by introducing new habits in place of old ones, you can change the way your brain thinks and has acted on specific impulses. You can change, and whenever you feel like you can't counter an obstacle, change the way your brain approaches that obstacle, and you will succeed.

Best of luck!

link to video:

Here's one that I really found useful:

10. slamdunk

slamdunk Fapstronaut

When i talk to you people or read stuff on this forum it feels like i am talking to an older me, a better me, showing me what i can be if i continue. That feeling is soo good!

I did not sleep well yesterday so i took a nap and had the occasion to try some of the ideas ypu gave me. You did NOT tell me the cold shower was so cold! I was so cold that it was like cleaning someone else's body. But it felt great!

Tonight i will try some meditation, never done it but looks like a great idea too.
    I have another question but i will look at the forum before i write it down, surely it has already been asked.

11. diamondboi

diamondboi Banned

Start your mornings with a run on an empty stomach.

Cherish nature, and your surroundings. Change your poisoned mind set.

Cup of black coffee beforehand is fine.

12. JensDK42

JensDK42 Guest

I don't know what 'prone masturbator' means, but yes, I was only semiconscious when I realized I was humping the bed.

13. IGY

IGY Guest

Prone = facing down. some dudes don't use their hands, they rub themselves against mattress, pillows, duvet until they cum. :p

14. That seems like it would hurt. I think its more common among women.