1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want nothingness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mouklkahba, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Nothingness

I Free I likes this.
  2. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

I wished I could post nothing :/

Awakening123 likes this.
  3. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

Do you mean meditation?

I Free I likes this.
  4. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

I have been meditating daily and plan on continuing the next few months as one of the tools in my arsenal.

Osahon, Awakening123 and I Free I like this.
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Meditation Is Key .
    [​IMG]

Awakening123, Divinekarma and Lloyda like this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Guest

Florence Nothingness syndrome.

7. m_brando

m_brando Guest

The Four Noble Truths are a contingency plan for dealing with the suffering humanity faces -- suffering of a physical kind, or of a mental nature.

The First Truth identifies the presence of suffering.

The Second Truth, on the other hand, seeks to determine the cause of suffering. In Buddhism, desire and ignorance lie at the root of suffering. By desire, Buddhists refer to craving pleasure, material goods, and immortality, all of which are wants that can never be satisfied. As a result, desiring them can only bring suffering. Ignorance, in comparison, relates to not seeing the world as it actually is. Without the capacity for mental concentration and insight, Buddhism explains, one's mind is left undeveloped, unable to grasp the true nature of things. Vices, such as greed, envy, hatred and anger, derive from this ignorance.

The Third Noble Truth, the truth of the end of suffering, has dual meaning, suggesting either the end of suffering in this life, on earth, or in the spiritual life, through achieving Nirvana. When one has achieved Nirvana, which is a transcendent state free from suffering and our worldly cycle of birth and rebirth, spiritual enlightenment has been reached.

The Fourth Noble truth charts the method for attaining the end of suffering, known to Buddhists as the Noble Eightfold Path. The steps of the Noble Eightfold Path are Right Understanding, Right Thought, Right Speech, Right Action, Right Livelihood, Right Effort, Right Mindfulness and Right Concentration. Moreover, there are three themes into which the Path is divided: good moral conduct (Understanding, Thought, Speech); meditation and mental development (Action, Livelihood, Effort), and wisdom or insight (Mindfulness and Concentration).

Awakening123 and I Free I like this.
  8. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Lovely .

m_brando likes this.
  9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Guest

In my life I've come to accept that suffering exists so that love can have a place to grow.

Awakening123 and I Free I like this.
  10. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

r/meditation is great place for anyone interested in meditation.

11. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

Do you meditate? What technique do you use?

I Free I likes this.
  12. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Yeah I meditate 1-2 times a day, anywhere from 10 minutes-30 minutes... soon I'll start meditating for about an hour but I want to progress to that stage little by little . I usually use a guided meditation, whether it be from Youtube or Soundcloud ( Daily Meditation Podcast on Soundcloud is great ) . It'll be different types of meditation like Chakra or Mindfulness and it can be done sitting in a leg crossed position or laying down with your arms to your side ( Im sure you already know this ) ... it all depends on what you would like to do or what the guided instructor is telling you to do . I would stay away from Binaural Beats though, I hear too many bad things about people meditating to it and experiencing not so great, awful things like spirits and such . It's powerful but in my opinion, it's the wrong type of power ...

I meditate with a good heart .

Awakening123 likes this.
  13. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

That's great. I came back few weeks ago from a 2 month meditation retreat where I had an amazing experience. Life without meditation seems meaningless now.

I Free I likes this.