I relapsed today

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by VirginNymphomanic, Oct 27, 2018.

1. VirginNymphomanic

VirginNymphomanic Fapstronaut

Sadly I have an emotional dependency on PMO, whenever I feel lonely and unloved, that's when I succumb to relapsing. I'm disappointed in myself, but I'm so lonely. How do I overcome this feeling?

tdotLotLJ and Newgirl like this.
  2. GhostWriter

GhostWriter Fapstronaut

Structured time. Stay busy. H.A.L.T. (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired) are your worst enemies for relapse.

charlie78 and VirginNymphomanic like this.
  3. Dutchdad

Dutchdad Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. If you'd like an AP who DOES care, give me a shout...
    Relapse is a great opportunity to start again and seek support from others.
    Very good that you posted it. stay strong.

4. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

Sorry you relapsed but don't give up, dependency can be broken. PMO addiction starts by deceiving us then when we become fully aware of its evil nature it becomes a tyrant that will not want to let us go free. This is when we need to gather all out strength and determination to escape this prison. Fessing up to our mistakes is a good step towards freedom, you are letting in the light by acknowledging your weakness. I believe you and all of us can beat this. Stay optimistic :)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    VirginNymphomanic and tdotLotLJ like this.
  5. tdotLotLJ

tdotLotLJ Fapstronaut

No problem ........ we are all human.
    55 Days is a Long Time of Success -- thousands of successful choices

T-I-P-S

1. Use lots of rewards [positive reinforcement] the first week (desserts, fruit drink, etc.)

2. When tempted, use Distractions to provide a way to escape temporary (10-20 min.) temptations

3. GO OUTSIDE -- if necessary -- always works.

4. Remember the many Benefits of NoFap: a. get rid of social anxiety & no fear of public speaking b. increased attention from the opposite sex c. bye depression [no shame to drag you down] d. much more energy e. stronger eye contact & more assertive f. more happy in general g. more focus h. Pain of self-discipline …. or the Pain of Regret.

5. Keep Busy ( be productive) -- it will make you feel good to have some daily goals and check them off as you accomplish them.

6. Dance to your favorite tunes... call or text or email a friend ... go to NoFap and "like" some posts … give advice ... encourage others…etc.

7. You Can Do This! Anyone can be successful at NoFap! (All it takes is some effort; and willingness to go outside once in a while)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  6. VirginNymphomanic

VirginNymphomanic Fapstronaut

thank you all i'm going to reset my counter as well

charlie78 likes this.
  7. Dutchdad

Dutchdad Fapstronaut

Why ? What caused the relapse ?

8. Tryinghardtoquit

Tryinghardtoquit Fapstronaut

All good my friend. It happens. Sounds like tou put together a good streak. I did 67 days without a relapse until this morning. Counter reset. We move forward. Goodluck and well done again for your efforts

9. charlie78

charlie78 Fapstronaut

We should focus on the question asked. It is a very important question and it must be answered honestly. And the reason shall be kept in mind as it will be an antidote.

Dutchdad likes this.