1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I read this weird theory

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dorian Gray, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

It was about water cleansing in team with no masturbation, the theory is if you can do cold showers, nofap and drink only water for a week and at the end of the week eat a few pieces of garlic, it will detox your body 100%. what do you think about this?

2. DireWolf

DireWolf Fapstronaut

i think it would lead to serious medical issues, i would not do it.

3. Sounds like something the Taoists came up with.

I don't think detoxing can work without some amount of fasting.

4. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

Granted you can become very week with not eating for a week, but the body can go a long time without food but only 3-5 days without water. and the garlic was used in olden days as a currency it is also a cure all for sickness because of the sulfur in the garlic

5. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

When 100 years of medical science outdoes 10,000 years of folk remedies..... I go with medical science. Not saying that fasting doesn't have a place. I think fasting is a good thing sometimes.

6. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

But where does medical science outdo the old ways? Mostly in technique and making money. Not so much in results. People are more sick at an earlier age than ever before, especially considering chronic illnesses. Granted, much of that is to be blamed on the modern way of life rather than modern medicine.

That said, the theory sounds less like detox than some health tips. I do all of those every week and I don't consider myself detoxing.

7. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

Yeah I also heard eating pineapple will make your cum into honey yet it did not happen.

8. mijereah

mijereah Fapstronaut

I eat garlic usually every other day, fast once a week (have been for the past month), and drink only water, sometimes juice. If you want a leg up and a serious way to beat this addiction do just that. It will guarantee results. Fasting is something everyone should do anyway since there are so many benefits, spiritually and physically. Drinking lots of water can be good, and I must say that staying away from alcohol and sugars helps out a lot too! But each person is different. What may work for somebody may not work for everyone. Try it.

9. Actually this is true, but only if you do it with a vegan diet.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/200911/how-improve-the-taste-semen

10. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

I don't think it's going to detoxify anything other then just drinking water and I have gone a week without food before. It sounds like it's just going to give you a lot of willpower. All three of these build willpower.
    So it could be an interesting experiment, but I wouldn't do it if you have physical work to do.
    It isn't good to work or workout and fast, because the body needs proteins to rebuild muscles.

11. Steel Fury

Steel Fury Fapstronaut

I'm not sure about that. Human life expectancies today are higher than they've ever been at any time in the past. I think medical science can take a lot of credit for that. As a result, I'd be very careful about taking such a radical "detox" without doing so in consultation with a doctor. I'm all for drinking more water and doing nofap, but our bodies rely on food to perform the tasks we ask them to accomplish. By all means, cut out crappy processed foods and eat more fruits and vegetables. That I can understand, but I wouldn't be cutting out food altogether, even for a week.

12. There's no harm in fasting for a week. Our ancestors had to do as much from time to time, especially during the winter. It is the abundance of food and three meals a day that is irregular.

It usually takes at least 30 days of fasting for the body to use up all its fat reserves and go into true "Starvation mode" where it starts eating muscle tissue.

13. e5s

e5s Fapstronaut

So-called "detox" diets are usually based on mythical beliefs about how the body works.
    In reality, the body needs all sorts of things in balanced amounts, including calories from food.

The body produces its own "toxins" just from cell respiration (O2!) and sitting around in the sunlight, and it gets rid of those toxins just fine through its own natural processes.

Granted, if you've been eating a lot of salty junk, you'll feel better/different after a brief, well-hydrated fast. And certain foods, like grapefruit, help speed along your body's elimination processes, which is good for alleviating a hangover, but bad if you're trying to keep the correct dose of blood pressure medication in your system, so you don't have a stroke and die. Likewise, while too much salt is "toxic", too little salt can be dangerous, such as in desert climates, where a water fast can leave your body unable to retain enough fluid to survive. You need electrolytes.

Garlic is good for you if you're in typical good health, but it does thin the blood, so that would be bad if you already bruise or bleed easily or if you're anemic. Besides, not everyone's stomach can handle it, and not everyone's nose can handle the person who eats it.

14. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

actually life expectancy was not just about medicine, it was about weather by freezing to death, exposure and animals that wanted to eat you. our communities were not as big as they are today plus weapons for hunting improved since the time of spears and swords. but yea food is a big thing. i never said I was going to do this just showing you what i found.

15. Im going to try :p I am going to try a week this summer and write about my experiences. I believe water fasting is something to try. 6 days isnt that much and probably helps you loose some body fat :p The Norwegian army does this in its training so you (probably) wont die from it at least.