1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help ! Urgently !

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Iam from India ,25yrs old , an engineering graduate and an agnostic ( moreover an atheist). And iam dyslexic aswell !
    Most people around consider me as a wise, knowledgeable & kind person who never do or let anything wrong happen to anybody. But that is where the good things end !
    I am 25 and never been in a relationship & still vargin, my school life was a disaster (as I am dyslexic), even in half of my college life I had inferiority complex & only after 2yrs i could mix with fellow students.
    And to save myself from this daily embarrassment (since school days ) I started pmo as a hide ! , But now it (pmo) has become an obsession for me, it feels like as if a second person controls me in my head when I feel hit.
    Iam currently preparing for one of india's hardest exam, and even I can't believe that I could waste so much of my time and energy for pmo !
    This is probably most decisive time for not only for me but also for my entire family who feel that I deserve to be an IAS officer and people like me only can serve there country.
    The sad thing is i feel now is that I can't even share my problem with anybody and this is illustratly killing me from inside.
    I don't know when I will be free from this infinite trap ...i illiteratly feel like dying when I truly want to study all day and most of my time is wasted in PMO. It feels like iam slowly going into depression because of it !
    I need help ! Urgently !

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. Sad_but_true

Sad_but_true Fapstronaut

Hi @Losser and welcome to NoFap this is a place you should spend some time with to help you work on your pmo. You are not alone many people struggle with this and you can hopefully learn how to substitute your urges with positive tasks that will help you stay busy. You seem like a person with strong goals and the fact your an engineering graduate tells me that you are smart and can meet your goals. Take a few deep breaths and set one easy task you know you can achieve towards your goal whether its studying, passing the indian test or anything you have before you. Get that done and then pick something else. Dont overwhelm yourself thinking about everything at once, because then you dont want to do anything. Dont be ashamed when you have a set back either everyone has relapses. Read about and greet other people on this site and by doing so learn how you are not alone. I wish you luck on your journey.

3. innermostheart

innermostheart Fapstronaut

Sorry to know about your trouble. I guess you need to concentrate on your studies now. You can drink like coffee to add concentration or pray to the one who created your life. If you feel so trouble like that and youre looking for help and you dont believe in God who created us then i couldnt help but wonder what's up.
    But if you think your problem is pmo and u just did that today the guilt effect might not go away just yet and if you need to get rid of it you need to count couple of days away from it.
    It is possible that you can get rid of it if you are seriously fed up and want to change.
    Just think about the bad conscience guilt feelings hatred after pmo..
    And think of the peaceful life inside out being away from pmo.
    I would also suggest to watch youtube vids and search nofap superpower benefits and listen to Bob Proctor or Tonny Robbins.
    When u feel tempted to watch or do pmo go in this site start to post or comment or read it will help a lot. This site has a very strong force to get rid of pmo. Be thankful and avoid relapsing

Deleted Account and Sad_but_true like this.
  4. BillyShears1958

BillyShears1958 Fapstronaut

Hello from UK Losser. You are by no means alone. I have been on this path for almost 50 years. I will not give up.Nor should you. At present it sounds like you use PMO as an escape from the pressure in your life - a kind of private place of enjoyment. I think we all need to have something of that kind - but PMO as you have found out is not thd pleasurable retreat from stress which it promises to be. In fact it is a source of stress and toxicity in life. We need more wholesome and meaningful places in our lives - interests, hobbies, community - start to look for these. For myself i am Catholic and have returned to Mass a few times each week. I am looking to join a Walking group and to attend a Sexaholics Anonymous Group. Thats just the start. We need to change things - take out the PMO and REPLACE it - not simply 'white knuckle' in a kind of vacuum.

Deleted Account and Sad_but_true like this.
  5. Thanks you every body for giving your time to motivate me, I am actually felling better after sharing my problem. May be one of the reason of my frustrations was that I keep my problem to myself only.
    I have also join an accountability group of indian on telegram app .....I am hopeful now that things will improve!

6. Sad_but_true

Sad_but_true Fapstronaut

Good Morning @Losser thats good news. I think a lot of us feel have felt horrible feelings after pmo and that just leads to more pmo. So recognizing its a problem and joining the accountability group is a good start. And sharing with people in a journal will also help you unburden yourself of the guilty feelings and may help others on the path to improvement. Also at the top of this page is a red panic button which if your feeling the urge to pmo might inspire you to do something else.
    https://emergency.nofap.com/

NoFap is a community based on helping each other to succeed so when you are feeling ready say hello to some new fapstronauts and make them feel welcome too. Learning about others helped me realize that a lot of people share similiar challenges and writing in there journals helps me focus on positive things other than pmo. Now go pass your test! And have a good day.

7. @Sad_but_true Thanksyou sir, your advice are really helpful. I will definitely start a journal as soon as my exam is over .... I'm both determined & hopeful that till then I will be able to stay away from this PMO stuff !
    I have also downloaded the nofap app from playstore ....
    Thanks & take care !

Sad_but_true likes this.