1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I need help about diet....

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FartGrenade14, May 12, 2019.

1. FartGrenade14

FartGrenade14 New Fapstronaut

Can someone tell me how to stop sugar/junk food urges when dieting ? Water doesn't help at all so yeah....
    A big trigger for them is stress and worrying ( school ) :(

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

What worked for me is researching the topic. Here are some names to search and watch on youtube:
    - Michael Gregger
    - Neil Barnard
    - John McDougal
    - Rich Roll

I'd recommend also youtube documentaries such as:
    - Food Choices
    - What the Health

Since their lectures and the documentaries are long form (more than 45 minutes long), you can use the time to educate yourself and to avoid the trappings for PMO.

Next, you can switch to learning how to cook. It's a good way to truly impress a girl ;)

Good luck!

FartGrenade14 likes this.
  3. Lot Yanisin

Lot Yanisin Fapstronaut

For me it's all about substitutes.

Have a burrito....just make sure it's not overloaded with sour cream and if you can use something like a flax seed wrap, great.

Eat a burger....just ditch the bun for a lettuce bun.

Instead of ice cream....freeze mango...then purée it...serve some whipped cream on top...

Subs

koolpal likes this.
  4. koolpal

koolpal Fapstronaut

Yup. Also recommend the Keto diet. They got lots of substitutes.

Instead of a burger meal, ditch the fries, no buns, no sauces (contain high fructose corn syrup), but add bacon, and flavored soda water (no sugar).

Instead of chicken nuggets, or chicken tenders, or buffalo wings with heavy sauce, get rotisserie chicken, make your own non-sugar sauce with dry rub spices.

Instead of potato chips, get flavored pork rinds, or beef jerky (no sugar).

Instead of ice cream, get almond milk, vanilla (or whatever flavor) protein shake mix, and a triple berry frozen mix. Stick it in a blender, or eat it as is.

Then there’s more advanced Keto, that involves cooking and baking, like making Keto donuts & brownies, Keto pizza, using almond flour or macadamia nuts.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  5. klava

klava Fapstronaut

Have you been tested for diabetes? It is easy to refuse sugar in food. But he is in the products. And this raises the level of insulin in the blood.

6. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Diabetes has little to do with the table sugar we eat, but a lot with the fat.

When one eats fatty foods, fat deposits around the cells. Cells burn sugar/carbohydrates for energy, not fat. Since the fat is not burnt in the regular body processes, it gets deposited around cells and around organs, most dangerous being around the liver. Each cell has receptors for carbohydrates and these receptors are opened/activated by insulin. If the cell is covered with fat, it will take more insulin to open the carbohydrate receptors on the cells' wall. If there is too much fat around the cell, then the cell becomes insulin resistant and the carbohydrates that were eaten during the meal (potatoes, rice etc.) remain in the blood stream and are not absorbed. This is diabetes and this is why people check their blood sugar levels, but it's not table sugar.

To absorb the carbohydrate/sugar from the blood stream, people have to inject more insulin than the pancreas can produce. Ultimately, since the cells are starved from carbohydrates, they stop functioning or they stop functioning. Combine this with the fat accumulated in the blood stream and deposited on the walls of the veins, which leads to high blood pressure (since the veins are now narrower), and the person is up for a heart attack.

Not saying that sugar is good! Better eat fruits than substituting sugar with aspartame.

7. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Easy. Just watch a documentary about junk food. I haven't touched anything like that since 2013.

8. Lot Yanisin

Lot Yanisin Fapstronaut

I'm on ketogenic (sp?) right now in fact. It's been nearly a month.... I wanted to start NoFap right around the time I start strength training again and cleaning up my nutrition...

Maybe about an inch off my waist now... I'm not stepping on the scale at all.... Just excited to be back after a pretty bad injury 2 years ago (torn Achilles).

But hot damn.... it's a pain in the ass LOL...

Targeting 25 net carbs as the goal?... aye yai yai

What made it difficult was that like 2-3 weeks prior...I experimented with vegetarianism for about 6 weeks.
    Didn't really miss meat at all. On Keto though... it's like.... not impossible to be vegan/vegetarian while on it... but it's sure as shit hard as a MF... I just gave into meat... but stayed as mindful of fiber intake as possible.

9. Exercise more to suppress cravings for junk food