1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Need Advices on Emotional Issue!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ToGoBeyond, Oct 7, 2014.

1. ToGoBeyond

ToGoBeyond Fapstronaut

Hello fellow Fapstronauts! I just have emotional issue come up during my reboot journey, and I feel stuck, and this is something really intense that sometime I felt overwhelm!
    While on journey of my reboot! I have a strong feeling of loneliness, I felt very needy, and constant need for other's attention. The feeling like I need someone to talk to me! It really strange feeling that driven by anxiety! I have been turn that feeling toward my sister, I felt like I wanted her attention and for her to talk to me, which sometime she think I am being very annoying! Which I can see that, but I felt the intense anxiety behind this feeling!

I have been meditate which help me somewhat cope with the feelings! Does anyone experience the similar symptom? Does anyone have any idea how I can channel this feeling? Thanks!

2. mohamed el amine

mohamed el amine Fapstronaut

Hi : I am on my 5th day with no fapping and i felt so lonely and kinda sad,eventhough i had a good day, and dont laugh at me but i Listened all day long the "Why dont you love me" by beyoncé!!!!! I Think it pretty much definds Lonelyness!!

3. napionder

napionder Fapstronaut

I've been experiencing the same the past week. It sucks, but I just see it as part of of the process. There's a lot of rewiring and other stuff going on in our brains right now and that probably has a lot of side effects. So, there's not much else to do then suck it up and stick with the program.
    Don't let it get you down, you're on the right path!

4. Monk mode

Monk mode Fapstronaut

There are some days when I feel sad and lonely and there are days when I am really happy. I also feels like talking.This nofap thing helps me handles my emotion better my responses to situations have changed ,
    I have now become more risk taking,wanting to find new dimensions of life.This all helps me connect to people situations in much better way, use this energy to focus at my work,my life.I have started reading some self help books,watch inspirational and motivating videos.I have understood I am not the only guy facing these problems.I want solutions to these problems and not just suppress the symptoms by resorting to fapping.I suggest u also keep knocking at the problems until they dissolve instead of just suppressing it.

5. ToGoBeyond

ToGoBeyond Fapstronaut

Thank You everyone for your great support and kindness! I am understand that I am not the only who went through! I am definetly going to keep on moving forward! :)

AndySky180 likes this.
  6. mada989

mada989 Fapstronaut

Here's the big thing we need to realize.
    We have been fapping all along BECAUSE we're lonely and sad. We push that feeling away by spending hours looking at P or we'll M. And it makes us feel Less lonely/sad because we have the company of these pictures and videos. Now that we've stopped fapping, we can see our true emotional state. Which is a brilliant first step! Now that we can recognize our real emotions and feelings, we can work towards changing sad loneliness into being a happy social butterfly. I think this is something everyone on here is facing and needs to confront. It is the truth behind our problem, we are hiding our real emotions behind a wall of internet babes and O's. Anything to make us feel better. But we know that doesn't fix anything, it just covers up the true issue, which will obviously surface again. So now we know that we need to make changes to our daily life to create a happy life. Meditation, of course, is a great thing to start, it will always help a little each day, more and more. Exercise is also a great way to start distracting yourself and you'll start feeling real good about yourself. You'll feel healthier and look better which will give you a lot more confidence when you go out into the world. And just like that, you keep moving yourself up and killing any challenge you face. Make yourself disciplined. We need that self discipline! The drive is how we accomplish these tough goals that will turn our lives around!
    Hope these words helped! Stay motivated, stay strong!

AndySky180 likes this.
  7. electriclady

electriclady Fapstronaut

That is so true. Good way to say it!

AndySky180 likes this.
  8. Gilbert

Gilbert Fapstronaut

I definitely believe anxiety to be linked with PMO.

Feeling lonely sucks, I've recently had to say goodbye to a lot of friends who've gone to university whilst I'm sticking around doing a gap year, and I do feel incredibly lonely sometimes, but I think it depends on what you're doing with your day.

Getting your head round the fact that there's nothing wrong with spending time to yourself is important, as we all need it! I spend as much time as I can practicing my piano/flute playing (although often I procrastinate and waste time on Facebook etc, which sucks).

If you're spending your time alone doing something productive, I think that can help with fighting the loneliness- read a book, start a project, clean your room, do some exercise, all good things to do!

And try spend time with friends - obvious, but there must be someone that you feel you can trust and who is a close friend perhaps? :)