1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Made My Life Lonely!

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Samuel L. Fapsin, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Samuel L. Fapsin

Samuel L. Fapsin Fapstronaut

I didn't realize until now what I've done. I run a online business which brings me more than enough monthly income, May 2016 is when my business really boomed after a YouTuber made a video about it. Since then I quit my 9 to 5 job and have been making a living online since. That also means less of a reason to leave the house. See when I had a 9 to 5 job I was forced to leave the house and get myself out there. Now it's just social isolation.

I have made enough money from my online business to pay for schooling. I tried applying for a university near my home because 1. I'm lazy when it comes to commuting and 2. I have major anxiety when it comes to driving far or on the freeway. Unfortunately my application didn't get accepted. While browsing the web an ad popped up to a online university program for the field I wanted to continue my studies in. So now I'm studying online with 0 interaction with students and very little interaction with my professor. All the program is, is download assignments and submit completed documents.

2 months ago I decided to move with my father who lives in the Middle East. He told me he's faced much depression living and working there alone for the past 12 years. I decided to drop everything and go there to support him.

End/tl;dr: So now I'm living in a country where I don't know anyone, I struggle to speak the countries language as well as communicate with people, my school is online, and my work is online. Although I do want to leave the house, I have no desire to.

I've probably left the house 10 times in the past 60 days. This also comes into NoFap. Since I'm just sitting at home I'll tell myself stuff like "I'm sitting at home anyways, probably not going to leave the house anytime soon, what's the difference if I just wank one out?".

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  2. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

Hello my fellow faps
    Hello my fellow fapstraunat

First i would like to congratulate you on your online succesful work. Its hard nowadays to be succesful.

I also live in the middle east i am from lebanon. Where do you and your father live?What country?

Even if you dont leave the house. NoFap should not be an option it will make you more desperate and more lonely. Believe i tried it.

Consider getting out to do some of your hobbies. People in the middle east are usually welcoming. But you have to make the intiative.

You can message me anytime.

D . J . likes this.
  3. NoneForMeThanks

NoneForMeThanks Fapstronaut

Lets evaluate this situation here friend.

1) What do you want. you want to leave the house. If you didnt, you wouldnt have made this post. although you explicitly state you dont want to, since the title of your post is "ive made my life lonely", im guessing you want to.

2) What is stopping you from leaving the house. Is it the list of excuses youve created for yourself? including:
    - you work online
    - you go to school online
    - you dont speak the language
    - you dont know anyone ( obviously)​

Reframe this situation. Instead on using these excuses to stay inside, use them to get OUTSIDE. think like this: " I am in a NEW country where I can meet NEW exciting people, learn about a NEW culture, and could learn a NEW language! Im gonna get my A$$ outside and LIVE!!!" You have an amazing opportunity on your hands here man. You just need to look at it like that. Stop being the victim, start being the HERO OF YOUR STORY

Best.

NONE

D . J . likes this.