1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I keep failing to make changes in my life!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Performance, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Performance

Performance Fapstronaut

----------

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

First of all, it is difficult to know how things have gone for you this week as you do not have a counter with tick marks to help with your progress. Please click on mine below and set up one for yourself. It will help motivate you and help others to help you.

Secondly, you seem to be wanting to sort out too many things in your life in one go. I suggest that you work your way through them. As you begin having success with NoFap, for example, that will give you reassurance that you can gain impulse control which you can use later to improve other areas of your life. You cannot sort out a bad sleep pattern: keep an exercise routine; overcome procrastination; long-term thinking etc.

Thirdly, stop thinking you are special case - it is harder for you than others who are clever, creative, out-of-the-box thinkers etc.

If you simplify your objective and apply the tips you read on these pages, you will start to see results. The last piece of advice I would give is for you to write down why you want to stop masturbating and watching sex. You have to be highly motivated and committed to change.

3. Taqwaman

Taqwaman Fapstronaut

Hey buddy, I can feel your pain, because I have been in the same situation. Well let me tell you what will I do if I was in your situation.
    Just like our buddy IGY wrote "Secondly, you seem to be wanting to sort out too many things in your life in one go". It seems though you are trying really hard, but it is not about trying hard, but fighting smart.

First of all try to make a list of things that you dont like about yourself, spend hours and weeks, try to figure out this one. Then you have a list of lets say about 2 things maybe, as you wrote; PMO addiction, sleep problem. Then you start with one problem, and work on it.

My suggestion is you follow a seminar called "Mind Power- by John Kehoe", and it will give you some insights about yourself, deeper self, your mind, your willpower, and how you can take control of your life in every area. He has a 4 week program, which is pretty good for every person who is strugling with some kind of problem or addiction.

WE DO HARD THINGS!

4. monvoyage

monvoyage Fapstronaut

Read Jeff Olson's The Slight Edge. It's exactly about this, how to implement the changes in your life.
    I think whats also important is that you keep a positiv outlook. Write every morning three things down that your thankful for.
    But really, read this book, i read many self help books and not any other one has helped me like this one.