1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have a question. Please help me

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by hrithik__, Mar 23, 2018.

Is Mobile phone slowing down the recovery?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. How can we improve then?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hrithik__

hrithik__ Fapstronaut

We masturbate and a large amount of dopamine is released in our brain.
    So we have started nofap to recover it
    But if we use mobile phones or watch tv a lot then are we slowing down the recovery, what are some effects of using too much phone?

2. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

I'm not sure the two are related, unless you're using your phone for PMO. Doing NoFap is also about correcting the reward system in your brain, going from instant gratification to working for the rewards you get.

But in any case, I think phone's in general are a detriment to us in a big way. It's too easy to escape to a screen, and they've done studies that prove that kids that have too much screen time develop their natural social skills a lot slower. I think we'd be better off not using our phones for anything but a call or text in my opinion.

I actually chose to get rid of my smartphone a few years ago, and just recently had to get one back because of work. I'll say that when I didn't have access to the world at my fingertips, I noticed I was much more present in every day life, I noticed things around me I hadn't noticed before (especially how much others were staring at their phones...) and in general I think it put me in a better mood. I was forced to be more social, more outgoing, or find other things to do with my time which ended up creating different habits (reading more books, working with my hands) that I really enjoy doing now.

Not sure if that actually answers any of your question, but those are my thoughts about it at least.

3. hrithik__

hrithik__ Fapstronaut

Great! I am also trying to get rid of phone and social media
    Thanks btw :)

4. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

If you want to try it out you may be able to just log on to your carriers website and turn off data on your phone. You can always turn it back on, but that's a good trial run to see what you think.