1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I hate those Saga games

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Hostage, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Hostage

Hostage Fapstronaut

You know the ones I mean - Candy Crush Saga, Farm Heroes Saga..

Twice this year they've put a serious grip on me that's resulted in losing a serious amount of sleep. Two periods of about a month each.

I guess that my self-esteem is so low that it matters to me if a computer tells me that I'm "fabulous" or a "hero". But the more I learn I'm a hero in the game, the more I find that the outside world doesn't match that assessment. So I play more and more.

This post is to say that I've removed them from my Facebook and I'll remove them from my phone shortly.

2. Good stuff brother.

Keep up the good work. You can do it.

3. suyash_4376

suyash_4376 Fapstronaut

Duee I would like to suggest something that would help you out of facebook.

Delete all friends and unlike all pages on facebook. No excuses. All of them. Thos technique should work cause you are not sending friend requests for like 200 friends or like that much pages. Then deactivate it. So, when you will log on, it will hopefully be for some event. So, you will have an idea on who to send reqs. So, you will have a list of friends instead of acquaintances. This helped me a lot. Now, I have only 20 friends and all those are my friends.

I am not sure of how facebook gaming works, but it must be something similar.

Sleep deprivation can also be a result of bad time management skills. Refer a time management self help book. You dont even have to buy one. Just get it on torrent.

P.S. This technique actually is masking your actual problems with facebook. So, there is a great chance it might not work. You need to address the underlying situation that causes you to go to facebook. It could be something like a project or big work that you procrastinate on. If thats the case then you MUST be using other ways of escape too. A solution to this kind of problem would be to read a good text. I am currently reading "the now habit" by neil a fiore. A few chapters in and you will feel the changes. See what works for you.

Bottom line : Either mask the problem or remove it permanently. Your call...

4. Hostage

Hostage Fapstronaut

Thank you for the long reply.

Interesting idea about deleting all my Facebook friends. That sounds very scary but it would certainly be worthwhile. I'm afraid that I disagree about whether I "have to" buy a book rather than stealing it on torrent but maybe that's just a reflection of our different personal circumstances. We have pretty good libraries here in the UK and Amazon makes books very affordable.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. suyash_4376

suyash_4376 Fapstronaut

Dude in my city we have no malls, let alone bookstores with books from foreign authors. So, yeah my situation is kind of different...

6. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Take advice from a day 127-er... I had a personal challenge I came up with about a month or two ago. I realized at the time that electronic use was too much, so I got a shoe box and put my laptop, smart phone, head phones, etc. I wrote about it in a group journal... Here's the link http://http://www.nofap.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=234&pp=10&page=6&do=discuss

Basically it's what I learned, and my experiences. It was surprisingly very difficult, because it was a very hard time of my life. Try the challenge at your own discretion. The urges came strong ab=nd were lasted a very long time.

~Squeaky Soul

7. Hostage

Hostage Fapstronaut

Sure - I have a lot to be grateful for. And it's great to hear from someone with a really different perspective of the world :)

8. suyash_4376

suyash_4376 Fapstronaut

9. Saserman

Saserman Fapstronaut