1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I got rejected

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mankrik, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Im 17 on day 160 of hardcore no pmo today. I have had a crush on this girl for a really long time. Like over a year. We started talking and I felt really good about how things were going. So today I just said to her "So... We should go out sometime". She thought about it or at least pretended to think about it before saying she just wanted to be friends but was flattered. I feel super relieved and want to move on. Even though I didnt get the answer I wanted I am very proud and happy having asked. Things werent awkward and we kept talking normally after.

I still have feelings for her and dont like anyone else. Is it healthy for me to continue to talk to her and maybe change her mind later on? I feel like if she knew me she would like me and consider me boyfriend material and im not going to obssess over her. I really want to go out with her and dont want to give up... Because I still feel like there could be something there if we really got to know each other. Is it ok to be persistent or should I just try to let go and move on?

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

If you continue to talk to her, do it as a friend. She has already stated you doesn't want to go out with you so persistence may not be a good choice but on the otherhand, others have persisted and a girl has changed her mind. It is difficult to advise you.

HyperNova, I Free I and Mankrik like this.
  3. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. We just dont know each other very well and I hardly see her so interaction is quite difficult. Shes the type of girl that wants to really know someone before going out with them, but in order to get to know her I need to go out with her lol. My best bet was to just ask her out and hope she said yes so we could get to know each other but it didnt work out. I guess im going to move on but not give up hope completely.

4. JustinX

JustinX Fapstronaut

Maybe change her mind??? SORRY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. LIKE NEVER. Better to forget her totally and focus on another girls (talking from my personal experience when I was teenager - I did exactly same mistakes).
    What were you thinking anyway? Be friend with her for a year and still have hopes?
    But dont understand me wrong. I have also female friends. But I always ask this question: Why am I friend with her?
    If answer is:
    1. Because I have same activities, interests as her? Then good.
    2. Because she can introduce me to her hot female friends. Then good.
    But if answer is 3. Because of a HOPE that it might turn to something else (love) then I am careful and I meet her lets say max 3-4 times and if it dont turn as I hoped then I end it because otherwise it will become friendzone (friend just for hope that I may become...).
    There is simple rule - attraction diminish over time. She might have been attracted to you when she met you first time but after some time she started to think either he dont like me or he is not man enough to say he loves me and go for what he wants (her love).Anyway both things are very unattractive for her. And then you two become friends for her for reason 1. and for you for reason 3.
    At the end when you said it to her, you might feel right but she thought "Omg I was right he was just pussy afraid to say what he thought and deceiving his true intentions for friendship."

My advice: take this hard life lesson and learn from it. Move to new girl. Dont repeat the same mistake or the result will be exactly same again. If you do the things differently also result will be different. Remember and learn and dont be friend with somebody just for hope for a long time!!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  5. I Free I

I Free I Guest

You should do what you feel... If you feel in your heart the need to be persistent than do so... If not, than continue to be friends with her. I always go by my intuition. Good job on trying BTW ! Growth Is Beautiful .

Mankrik likes this.
  6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

So that means you will have to invest time in her. Make the most of the times you DO see her. Going out is the easiest way but not the only way.

Example: NoFap. It is only after a number of posts that you begin to understand a guys true addiction. This is past the introduction post but into the journal posts when someone has shared little by little daily and after a few weeks to a month, you kinda know a guy and his story. It would easier to have a one-on-one conversation with a guy but that doesn't happen often.

The same principle would apply to that girl. It just takes time to create the relationship.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    I Free I and Mankrik like this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I appreciate this advice but want to clarify that it pertains to my particular situation. This is a girl that I hardly know or have ever known and we have never been friends. I can count the number of conversations we have had on one hand. These last couple of years we have had like two or three classes together and never talked. I have also improved my physical appearance dramatically since we first met I am not even recognizable compared to what I used to look like and am even out of her league in that department. I have just always liked her. And I have pure and noble intentions of getting to know her and forming a relationship. With these factors involved, should I still call it quits for good and move on?

8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thank you for the support and advice :D

I Free I likes this.
  9. Mr. E

Mr. E Fapstronaut

I'm no relationship expert, but I agree with D.J.

I don't doubt you have good intentions, but keep a close eye on your motives. Don't talk to her just because you want to change her mind. If you're comfortable with just being friends then I don't see much harm in continuing to talk to her, but don't be manipulative and don't expect anything in return just because you kept talking to her.

Mankrik, D . J . and I Free I like this.
  10. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thank you, I needed to hear this. Going to take this advice.

Mr. E and D . J . like this.
  11. Mr. E

Mr. E Fapstronaut

No problem brother, best of luck!

Mankrik likes this.
  12. ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved

ImASinnerWhoJesusSaved Fapstronaut

Hi! Congrats on your streak!

Disclaimer: I have never been in a romantic relationship XD

I see no problem with continuing your friendship. Best friends often fall in love, and if you develop that friendship then it could blossom. Of course that's not guarantee that she will like you the same way, but I don't think you should give up. Obviously if she doesn't want you as a friend, then she will make it known in one way or another, and in that case then you might have to move on. The whole idea of friend zoning really bugs me, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you really like her for her personality, then you'll have no problem being her friend.

Best wishes.

Mr. E and Mankrik like this.
  13. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

Thank you for the advice, not going to worry about anything more than just being friends. Maybe she'll come around or maybe she won't, but i'm already getting over it and am ready to move on.

14. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

For the future, unless you are certain the girl is into you, you should think of an activity and time beforehand. Preferrably somewhere you can have fun, where the intention of it being a date is implied but not stated outright.

Nope, you most likely will not change her mind. If she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you.

You can try again, but this time don't make it obvious it's a date. Ask her for some drinks perhaps, in a "Join me if you want, but I can still go on my own" manner.

If she still doesn't agree, then move on.

Mankrik likes this.
  15. Committed2change

Committed2change Fapstronaut

Congrats for trying it's really hard sometimes putying yourself out there so you definitely need to be applauded for that. I would definitely be friends with her but try to make yourself a little less available. It's a dating strategy that often works you initiate a little than withdraw a little. I would definitely keep my options open a little more and have fun being 17 and just flirt with whoever you can and see what's out there.

gurusarecool and Mankrik like this.