1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I got 99 problems but my NoFap streak ain't one.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Gideonite, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Awesome story bro!

2. Gideonite

Gideonite Fapstronaut

Thanks brother

3. TheMoose

TheMoose Fapstronaut

Hello!
    I want to thank you for sharing your story!
    It is always good to hear how a brother in Christ gets help from God to overcome obstacles in life. I will pray for you brother!

//TheMoose

4. Gideonite

Gideonite Fapstronaut

Thank you for reading fellow disciple. I will pray for you too. May God be with you on your continuous journey

5. JouleTrader

JouleTrader Fapstronaut

Great story. I like it.
    I think I will do something similar.

Gideonite and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Even though you are a Christian and clearly your faith has played a big role in your recovery you have written it in such a way where it's not preachy or over spiritualizing. Some Christians do that when telling their stories and it causes a theological debate to start in the thread. So I applaud you for not going in that direction.

I find the idea of being unequally yoked an interesting one. You should do what you feel is right but personally, I would have seen if I could have made it work in spite of different beliefs. I think character is more important than faith when it comes to relationships.

Gideonite likes this.
  7. Gideonite

Gideonite Fapstronaut

Thank you for reading my friend and Im glad you liked it. I really do understand your point of view on the girl. The problem for me is that I recognize that path too well. I've gone that road two times and the latest time we connected on a very deep level and I really loved her but as there was something missing (the equality of beliefs) I had to end it. It was eating me from the inside out and made me a worse person. I really didn't want to go down that road again and then later on regret it. I know it is possible to make things work though. But I have to work on myself a bit more before I get into serious relationships again.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Yeah, I think we should be clean for at least a whole year before we get into a relationship. I was actually going to say I wouldn't have made out with a girl on a first date... It seemed a bit rushed to me.

Gideonite likes this.
  9. Rey Rey

Rey Rey Fapstronaut

Inspiring

Gideonite likes this.
  10. lol i like the title of this thread!! anyways thank you for sharing this!

Gideonite likes this.