1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't figure out why girls don't want to talk to me.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Jul 5, 2017.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

I'm pretty shy, but when I do try to talk to girls they always just give me short answers with nothing much to go on. Also when even when I give a girl a longer answer when she asks me, she doesn't try to find out anymore about me. I really can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

ShyIIock, Scott88 and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  2. johnsmithB1998

johnsmithB1998 New Fapstronaut

Don't give a lot of questions. Make statements and lead the conversation. If she gives short answers or is sitting like she in uncomfortable, leave.

NF SINCE BIRTH likes this.
  3. Dont be shy. Threat her like you would threat a normal friend. Life is too short to be spent worrying.

vibemaker likes this.
  4. Scott88

Scott88 Fapstronaut

Keep talking to girls, you'll find some that are fun to talk to, some that have the personality of a brick wall, some that couldn't give a shit about what anyone thinks.

We all go through that learning phase man, just listen and be interested in what they're saying. Ask them questions, make eye contact, and be confident. Most girls can sense your level of confidence from a mile away.

If they're short with you after a bit and their body language screams bored, then move on and don't take it personally. Welcome to the first stage of dealing with rejection lol.

RealMe and vibemaker like this.
  5. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

They don't want to because you're giving off that type of energy. Believe me. I've seen it with myself. When I was a few weeks into NoFap and I was talking with my friend who was a girl we had a great conversation and I was pretty happy with it. Why? Because I gave off positive energy. My body language showed it as well. And I could tell she noticed the positive energy. So evaluate yourself and see what you need to improve.

vibemaker likes this.
  6. Montolivo

Montolivo New Fapstronaut

I know exactly what you mean, that happens very often to me too, that feeling of indifference and rejection at the same time.
    It´s weird because I am pretty decent looking but I guess it´s because of my lack of confidence. Really frustrating.

7. I feel the exact same way. I think the paranoia has a perpetual effect. We obsess over the reactions of girls instead of just having a conversation and not being concerned with the results.

I was out eating with an older friend of mine (he is in his late 40's and not in the best of shape). I'm in my late 20's and in great shape but he was able to make an attractive waitress laugh, smile, and stare at him while I just sat there like a goober lol. In the end, I believe it was because he didn't care about the outcome, he was just making conversation.

RealMe, vibemaker and Montolivo like this.
  8. fapposian

fapposian Fapstronaut

I feel you bruh,i always hard to talking to girl too,im 19yrs old n never been in a relationship with a girl ,maybe cause im never make a move either ,i do make a move in social media but all ended up leading to bored conversation ,honestly i never have the chance to make a move in real life because my shyness i often think that iam handsome looking guy ,maybe that because self looking glass that people create around me they often address me as handsome looking boy that makes me more anxiety about myself makes me more concern about what people think about my look makes me doubt myself ,am i really that handsome if so why im never had gf whats wrong with me ?
    But next month im going to college n i want to start fix this i want to talk to a lots of girls there hopefully i can have someone to love .

RealMe likes this.
  9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

you gotta lead not the other way round

10. S.Imon

S.Imon Fapstronaut

I was like that a very long time and was not really good at talking to girls and as said above: They can smell your lack of confidence a mile away.
    At some point - even before i started with nofap - I decided that I don't want to be like that anymore.
    What has done it for me is: Fake it 'til you make it. Be like an actor. Act like you are the most interesting/funny/confident/etc. (you name it) man alive and
    don't bother about the consequences. If you fail a conversation (for whatever reason) there are still millions of girls out there.
    It was hard in the beginning but I noticed that my confidence builded up and I discovered that some of what I was faking was part of me all along.
    Now I don't have that much problems with talking to girls. I open up conversation with charming jokes and hidden compliments and I ask some more difficult questions to challenge my conversation partner so they don't have the boring normal conversation they have with anyone else.
    I am still growing in this and I am far away from done. I think no PMO will help me a ton with that because PMO is something that destroys confidence.
    Just keep trying and remember: You are interesting. You are funny. You are confident. You are great!

P.S.: Ofc you shouldn't take this too far and be arrogant or completely out of reach. But if you are struggeling with that and you think you are going to far, this is just right.

RealMe likes this.
  11. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

Confidence is to some extent not caring. It isn't a sociopathic not caring because you should care about the other person. But you don't worry that a particular result from an interaction will happen. You may want it to, but if it doesn't that is fine. In that way you are actually respecting the individual you are interacting with and caring about her. You are actually being less selfish.