1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I am on/off Caffeine

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2018.

1. I gave up coffee and all caffeine products recently. It had an immediate positive effect on me.

I was less twitchy, my essential tremor disappeared, the anxiety produced by stressful situation dissipated within minutes whereas previously they'd stay for hours, days, years.

Etc.

Turns out (for me) it's a more powerful drug than previously advertised.

I had one today to test. All of the aforementioned symptoms returned, including etc. I.e. more symptoms not detailed here.

Just saying, if you're a coffee drinker, maybe give it a try. Some withdrawals.

2. I find that life is too comfortable and easy. I need the rapid heartbeat and anxiety to spice things up. Plus I am addicted.

3. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

Caffeine makes you feel more rested, awake, and maybe even happier than you really are.

Take it away and you'll see if you're actually taking care of your body properly and if your current life is actually making you feel engaged and alive. If not, then it's time to make positive changes rather than neglecting the actual root problem beyond the need for more stimulants.

4. Dude, I'm addicted like a motherfucker. I try to give it up and go a few days, but I get hella depressed and then I'm back on again. It's a pretty dreary road, tbh.

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. FapFapFapNoMore

FapFapFapNoMore Fapstronaut

I quit caffeine a long time ago because I think it set me back...caffeine normally made me horny....and to back that up to a scientific level:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01242046

Yes, caffeine could make us horny because it raises up the reward circuitry of our brain, thus...raising dopamine levels, thus the consumer seeks out sex because his/her dopamine levels are heightened to a temporary point....its good in moderation...but if you take it everyday....it will set you back on nofap journey!

It happened to me a lot...