I am new

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by JustKeepSwimming, Aug 14, 2019.

Can someone REALLY quit? Or do we just abstain for a while and then relapse in this infinite loop?

1. People quit

50.0%
  2. It’s an infinite loop

50.0%
  1. JustKeepSwimming

JustKeepSwimming Fapstronaut

It’s my first time to actually try and post sth so personal online, but I guess it’s better late than never!
    I’ve been trying to quit the PMO cycles for so long. I have successfully abstained for 3 months ,but then relapsed, went back and abstained for another 6 months, then relapsed , went back and abstained for 1 YEAR , but then relapsed, and voila here I am today 2 weeks into what’s supposed to be the beginning of my TWO YEARS -or more hopefully- abstainment. I need hope you guys , and I need your support most of all! That’s why I came here to seek a new habit of posting I guess? Just anything to keep me distracted for the while being! Thank youuuu

2. 289

289 New Fapstronaut

You got this, Jessy. Make these two years your best yet.

JustKeepSwimming likes this.
  3. JustKeepSwimming

You won’t believe how your replyy made my dayyyyy! Thank youuuu for your support 289!!

4. Hello and welcome! :)

We are glad to have you as a part of our community. Here are some quick links to get you started.

Getting Started Guide | How to Use the NoFap Forums | Panic Button |Day Counter | Rebooting Resources|Forum Rules | Glossary

If you wish to keep a journal of your progress you can do so in the appropriate section found here

You can also take part in one of the many challenges available. It can be a tremendous help. Challenges

Also, there are groups you can also join if you wish to do so. You can browse through them here. Groups

There are plenty of wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable people here to help you along on your journey to a life free of PMO. I wish you nothing but the best!

5. JustKeepSwimming

Thank youu so muchh !! That’s of greatttt help indeed! I am so excited to get to know everything that’s being offered here!

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Hey welcome to the forum its good to meet you and have fighting the good fight alongside us!

Some advice:
    Be sure and give a look through all the threads, you might find something to be of great help to you.

I strongly advise you to be active on your profile; start by choosing an avatar and then make daily posts to show you're active and needing support/encouragement. They've got a neat little feature that shows freshly posted statuses for all users to see. People will find your profile and give you
    encouragement/support.
    ★People love to communicate in the profiles section and also the journal section. These are 2 of the most important sections. Also, we could always use your help in supporting members around the forum and in return you most likely will receive some as well!

You should also highly consider creating a public journal (in the appropriate section[<-- link] for you ) and write about your days in more depth for us members to follow along on your journey!

Last but not least: Good luck on your journey here, make sure to really give it a try with all your heart!

7. JustKeepSwimming

Well I’m really thinking about starting a journal here now that you’ve mentioned it. I’ve only made two posts till now, but I’m happy with the encouragement I received; I wasn’t sure someone will reply at all actually! I’m amazed! Thank youu for your support too Coffee Candy ; I’m excited to start involving more like you mentioned!