1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hurt

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, Jan 15, 2018.

1. This section is about: dealing with virginity, involuntary "hard mode" rebooting, or generally a sub-community devoted to dealing with the loneliness involved with being celibate not-by-choice. For people who WANT to have sex and a relationship, but have had these things elude them.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alone.jpg

That is what life has taught me. I do not want to be hurt anymore. :(

Drift, Starset, iRebootMyself and 2 others like this.
  2. Hurt is how we stop being arrogant and be humble. It is to put us into place. You and I would not be on this journey without it. You cannot be isolated.

Lt.dan and hej då like this.
  3. Oh believe me, I have been put in my place and you can be isolated.

4. @NugetSloan I disagree.

At least partially - it can be as you said. But also it can be differently.

Basicly when you love you open up yourself enough to be hurt. You don't have to be arrogant or anything to be hurt. It just happenes. IGY you can be isolated, of course you can. Just don't be too long - a connection with another being is such a life-giving thing. It can hurt you, but it can be most important to you.

Like Adele said, "sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead".

I pray you would try to open up to sbdy again!

Lt.dan likes this.
  5. You don't know what could happen, nobody knows the unseen.. be optimistic and try too look at things from different aspects. Yes it is difficult.. but things can change!

6. Iguana

Iguana Fapstronaut

What others say can't hurt you if you know who you're and what you've done, if you live a life free of shame and build yourself to make yourself proud then the exterior will not matter anymore. You're the one that has insulted you the most

Mankrik likes this.
  7. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

This is the mindset I need to work towards. I'm getting closer day by day.

Lt.dan and Iguana like this.
  8. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

I want sex and a relationship more than anything else. It's my primary life focus and the reason I started doing nofap. I have still never had a relationship or kissed or held hands but I went on my first ever date this year so I'm making progress. I will never stop improving, but over years of hard work and dedication I have become someone I can be proud of inside and out. I like to talk to girls and I'm not afraid any more. I found someone I know I can love but we go to different schools and I never get to see or talk to her any more and I'm not sure if she feels the same. I'm trying to Branch out and meet new people but I haven't been successful and continue to have this oneitis hanging over me. But I have to keep moving forward and try to do everything I can to one day find mutual love.

9. Lt.dan

Lt.dan Fapstronaut

I am hurt too. A survivor.

FollowYourBeard likes this.
  10. In fact, it happened to me today, as usually, in the past too... I am not sure if someone can enjoy being alone all the time... But I think if someone felt satisfied with it, then he solved it.

But living with battery drainers, negative people, "friends" who are today laughing with you, and tomorrow laughing at you. Or being in your side today, and against you tomorrow.

Or finding another part who is cool.. but suddenly away of you, like no matter you tried to improve the friendship with, there will still be a gap between you!

I doubt, that I don't know how to make a friendship anymore, maybe because of the recent continuous feeling of being lonely.

Sadly, yet, I am young and going through this.. it depends on the situation always.. this issue has always been with me.

So yes, I think if someone can convince his inner soul to be satisfied alone, might help him to get through worse things in the future :)

11. I've been though a nice course about communication, the main purpouse is to build strong and living connection with another. Life is full of shit, no doubt there. But there's just so much more than just bad people!

Master Chips likes this.
  12. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    @IGY, you are a beautiful soul and as far as I see you the wounds you’ve bore only serve to enhance your character. I understand the need for solitude, I too have had long periods of isolation and know their benefit. Sometimes we need space to heal and find ourselves again, away from influence in a quiet and peaceful place. I want to say to you though, that such a withdrawal would be a loss for all of us. However, I am confident that when you’d arise again, that you’d be back in a way that would more than make up for the absense. All the same, as you head into this time, I want you to know that we’d miss you until then and would look forward to seeing you back, feeling good and ready to face all that previously was hurting.

2525 and Master Chips like this.
  13. Thank you @OutsideTime. You see far more than I. However, my wish is not to withdraw here (at NoFap) because you and others keep me going. :) But I feel vulnerable among humans in person. I have complex trust issues and it is increasingly hard to allow anyone to penetrate my wall (contemporary reference to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" (1979)). It is kind of you to say that should I withdraw here, it would be a loss for you and some others. Thank you for your strengthening reassurance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
    letter and FollowYourBeard like this.
  14. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I always think sometimes it is just Gods plan for some people to be eternally alone. However, you can find peace in this state. You will never have arguments or face rejection.

15. Yes this is true since earth has more males than females, however there are people who are asexual. I think being alone is a good thing for us to mature and prosper.

16. Why would it be Gods plan for some people to be eternally alone? For what purpose? :confused:

17. To show the holiness in them Anyways there's a special term for people like this and its called eunuchs.

18. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I think there are a lot of advantages. You get to do whatever you want. I can pig out in town at my favourite pizza joint stone baked pizzas. I take trips to France and explore the louvre when I wish. Also I got a single bed. I remember when I was sharing a house with my uni buddy and he was like you need to get a double for all the action you will be getting. You know how long it takes to warm up a double bed when you're always on your own. Definitely advantages but boy oh boy do days like valentines xmas and new year suck, I'd rather just sleep through it!

19. tweeby

tweeby Banned

The only thing I dislike about single beds is sometimes @Deadlihood comes round to stay. He gets super wasted then takes off all his clothes including his underwear and falls asleep on my bed. I ask him where the hell am I supposed to sleep and he just mumbles ... Climb on top.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    Deadlihood likes this.
  20. Yes, I have all those benefits, it's true (apart from trips to France). Interesting you consider such things would be part of God's plan. Although it is preferable to His plan of emasculating me as a eunuch - the divine plan according to NugetSloan.