1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How you guys deal with emotion swing?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Eggsy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Eggsy

Eggsy Fapstronaut

Hey, I'm Eggsy. Now, I prevent PMO for a while and I think I have mood swing right now. Sometime I just feel depressed. Do you guys have any suggestion about them?

I Free I likes this.
  2. The best thing is to stay mindful about your feelings. Maybe meditate a little. Also try to go out and meet friends, exercise, go for a walk to get out of your head a little.

I Free I and Eggsy like this.
  3. Whenever I feel lonely or tempted to PMO, I simply go outside and jog. Once I finish jogging I feel good (look up runner's high on google). I suggest you exercise to get these feelings away.

Eggsy, NF SINCE BIRTH and I Free I like this.
  4. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Meditation Is The Truth .

You should consider it .
    [​IMG]

Eggsy and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  5. SnowWhite

SnowWhite Fapstronaut

A depression has causes. Are you then feeling lonely, lost, or do you feel fear ?

One great way to get out of depression is to stop waiting for "others" to help you.

Once you understand that you can take responsibilty and decisions for your life, you get out of depression.

Eggsy and NF SINCE BIRTH like this.
  6. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Fapstronaut

I think that each of the ideas shared so far can be useful. I think that exercise can definitely improve your mood, attitude, and confidence. Finding a new hobby can also be a very important way to channel your thoughts into a new enterprise. I would also suggest seeing friends or being social. However, the friend issue can be bittersweet. From my own experience as a person who has had ED for several years, friend gatherings can be hit or miss. Try to avoid situations where you are only around couples. Almost all of my friends are either married, engaged, or about to become engaged. Due to this fact, it can make me feel extremely awkward, uncomfortable and a bit depressed when I'm in such an environment for a long period of time.

Try to strive for situations where you can improve on yourself. Maybe you have some type of goal that you want to achieve. Just don't stay in situations that continually make you feel depressed or uncomfortable. Make decisions for you.

7. MarkedProgress

MarkedProgress Fapstronaut

Good post SnowWhite.

To continue on the same line as SnowWhite, you can do the following thing:

Think how would you would act if you were not depressed.
    • Would you walk with your head high and proud of yourself ? Then act in this manner.
    • Would you greet everyone politely and full on confidence in yourself ? Then act like that.
    • Would you worry about small things ? NO ? Then don't do that. Acknowledge the positive things even though there are some negatives also.
    • Act confidently, speak as if you are sure of yourself, be proud of yourself, demand respect from others, act assertively.
    When you act AS IF YOU ARE CONFIDENT, you WILL learn to act this way. Step by step, day by day, you will act and think as a person with confidence. Being confident and happy is the opposite of being depressed. The more you'll do this the more you'll learn to act this way. And depression will disappear.

SnowWhite likes this.