1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how to overcome from the lonliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by jackjoness, Dec 13, 2018.

1. jackjoness

jackjoness New Fapstronaut

I feel very lonely how can I be happy

2. exponentialProblem

exponentialProblem New Fapstronaut

Loneliness/sadness have so many causes, and fapping may not necessarily be the main cause; it may be a coping mechanism for the situation you are in though; review yourself and do some research about loneliness and sadness.
    Nofap will help a lot, but I convince you to look at another causes as well.

Xiandan and SomeRandomNatty like this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Are you not able to go out by yourself?

4. sagia

sagia Fapstronaut

In my experience getting out and meeting new people is the best cure to heal loneliness

5. Trident_Fury

Trident_Fury Fapstronaut

I agree, but that brings up a secondary problem: How to sustain the connection in meeting new people?

For example, I hang out at a coffeehouse weekly and it's a pretty social place with new people to meet. I meet new people and we make small-talk (this part is easy), but it never becomes anything more than that. I suppose one could just keep meeting new people over and over.

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Go out to eat somewhere or drink somewhere on your own. Smile at people; take a book with you. Make small-talk with people around you. Go out for a run by yourself. Quit feeling sorry for yourself, don't expect the pussy to come to you.

Deleted Account and Mr.alone like this.
  7. Average2Alpha

Average2Alpha Fapstronaut

When when i was depressed snd lonely, i got a job as a sales associate in a clothing store.
    In the beginning it was hard to interact with customets but now my depression is gone and i'm talking to every customer happily.

The key is to not focus on yourself too much. Focus on other people and your environment. It helps you relax and talk with people.

Deleted Account likes this.