1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how to make friends when you dont seem to click with anyone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Cuddywater, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Cuddywater

Cuddywater Fapstronaut

so ive recently moved cities due to work and i find that given the high pressures of the job at stake none of my collegues are genuine in their relationship to the other. Every one is sucking up to the bosses when theyre around and no one wants to go out of their way to help one another. Besides it feels like everyone wants to get ahead secretly and from an iq standpoint all these guys have in mind is work and sex though i know for a fact they arent getting any. my question is am i at fault with my perspective or do i not really not match this lifestyle and need to look for a different set of people to chill with.

2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Sounds like you're working in the wrong place. It doesn't sound like a healthy work environment. You might even be in the wrong line of work. At least, don't try to befriend your coworkers here. Find friends outside of work.

Peace467 and ZelCikal like this.
  3. ZelCikal

ZelCikal Fapstronaut

Search for friends outside your job!

Cuddywater likes this.
  4. MasterRoshi

MasterRoshi Fapstronaut

I’m struggling with this too. I think it might be mostly them, but also a bit of you (and me in my life).

I think we’re used to creating distance between us and others. So it’s possible they are exactly how you describe them, but it’s also possible they might be less scary.

I’m trying to learn how to socialize with everyone even the ones I’m not into, cuz it’s apart of my recovery process to learn how to be social. I’m thinking that hanging out with my homophobic heavy drinker coworkers isn’t very fun for me, but it’s also a good team building exercise.

I’m still learning and have very little experience but this is my current idea about hanging with people in my life who I don’t like but are going to be there regardless.

Out of everyone at my job there’s only one person who I like. So aside from work functions I could see myself forming a friendship with her. But aside from that, I have to look elsewhere for real friendships.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Cuddywater likes this.