1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to get better sleep and not be tired?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Orca_9, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Orca_9

Orca_9 Fapstronaut

Hey I'm about 8 days into nofap and it's going great. I feel just really tired though and I hope it goes away. I'm not sure if it's because of no PMO but even if it isn't how can I not be tired all the time? What vitamins do you take or how many hours do you sleep a night? I get about 8 hours of sleep and I'm just so tired.

Thanks

2. Man of Honor

Man of Honor Fapstronaut

Are you exercising regularly too? Sleep is better when your body has been active. It's also good to let your mind wind down and clean itself out before you hit the pillow. Action movies, exciting books, mad food can negatively hurt your sleep quality. Meditation, yoga, prayer, or anything along those lines may help your brain relax which will make your hours of sleep more regenerative.

3. Orca_9

Orca_9 Fapstronaut

Hmm I could exercise more consistently. I do usually watch a movie with my wife before going to bed we usually watch an episode of white collar which isn't like super action packed but maybe meditation would help before sleep. I'm just always so tired, it's weird.

4. Tom_meadow

Tom_meadow Fapstronaut

you could always do a blood check on for example iron, b12, vitamine D (sunglight) (u should get about half an hour a day of real light on your skin), red blood cells, working of your thyroid, and check for glandular fever.

I probably depends where you're from, but I requested my GP for a blood test on this. It's easy, the doctor just has a checklist, and indicates on which contents to check your blood.

If it's not any of thease, some meditation/mindfulness is always good.

5. Man of Honor

Man of Honor Fapstronaut

My father in law gave me some great marriage advice when he told me to kick the TV and apples devices out of the bedroom. It forces us to talk to our wives, something they want and need. It helps the mind wind down. It might even lead to some more sex.

6. Tom_meadow

Tom_meadow Fapstronaut

great you have such a man around, sounds as some valuable advice!