1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with urges regarding SO?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Kumya, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Kumya

Kumya New Fapstronaut

Hey there!

I started with NF because I realized that PM drew my attention away from my SO more and more and an interval of a few hours of PM just Is not acceptable.

So far so good.

However, after a while (approx one week) I started to have an urge of having sex with my SO despite the fact that I’m on a reboot challenge right now.

This is the exact opposite of what I wanted to achieve, because instead of valuing her more as a woman I’m starting to see her as a hot sex object more and more. She’s complaining about me staring at her chest, etc. It’s more like: I want to have sex all the time and I have this really hot wife, why won’t she submit?

Does anyone have similar experiences? How to deal with it?

It’s really annoying as I don’t want to upset her that much and it disrespects her a lot.

SpouseofPA and anewhope like this.
  2. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Have you tried talking to her openly about how you feel? I know it can feel awkward to talk about these things, but it's better to talk than to have either of you harbor any negative emotion toward each other, I think

BBWolf000 and anewhope like this.
  3. Kumya, welcome to this great community! There is plenty of information already here about what you're facing. I suggest you to read it! As LowKeeKee said, try to talk to your wife about how you feel. You might be amazed about your conversation!

anewhope likes this.
  4. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

Now I'm just an SO but, it sounds like Your brain is trying to replace the P with the next closest thing. You said
    She is not an object at all.
    She is a person. She is your wife. You gotta abstain from those thoughts for a lil bit I think. You need to tell your brain to stop. You're in control not the addiction, not your trigger

anewhope likes this.
  5. BBWolf000

BBWolf000 Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome! Congrats on taking the first steps to regain control over your life and relationships!

Yes, this happens. At the beginning my brain was desperate for the P induced chemical rush so I started really ogling my wife and became a bit over the top with my physical contact with her. Take a second and realize that what you are experiencing is the same drive that pushed you towards PMO, but now its missing it's road map. It's easy to fall into the mentality that "Sex is normal" "I should want to be having sex all the time with my wife" "Why doesn't she want me?" etc. These are all rationalizations your addicted brain is making to convince you to orgasm.

Remember why you came here. Is it because you wanted a stronger, more intimate connection with your wife? If so, pursuing her without abandon is not the way to do it, and it will eventually lead to resentment on both sides. Is your desire to have sex with your SO driven by lust or love? If it's lust then by having sex with her, you are basically using her as your hand to M, which will reinforce your old negative patterns. By abstaining you will reign in this urge to some degree and realize that you don't actually have to O as often as you think. Definitely not as often as you have been in your past. This opens the door to the possibility of wanting your SO beyond just momentary pleasure, and will make the times you are intimate so much more connected.

If you feel overwhelmed try doing push ups; right then and there. It will help curb the urges and make you more fit physically, which most likely, will make your SO more attracted to you!

and smile; You Can Do It!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  6. LowKeeKee

LowKeeKee Fapstronaut

Excellent advice

anewhope and BBWolf000 like this.
  7. Kumya

Kumya New Fapstronaut

First of all, i want to thank you all for your answers and I am thankful for this community, because tbh i didn’t expect so much kindness - at first.

You are great people, thank you for taking your time.

About the answers: I don’t know whether I want to talk with her about it or not since i feel really uncomfortably about telling her that doing a reboot had a somewhat different effect than expected - by declassify her instead of showing my affection.

I am thankful for the explanation that describes how my brain is trying to replace my hand with her - and yes, indeed my brain came up with thoughts like: „come on, she‘s your wife, didn’t you do this to show her your affection? What better could there be than having sex with her?“ which is totally bonkers in retrospective.

The good thing I managed to control the urge and stopped pressing her, partly also because she told me that me being so aggressive suddenly makes her feel awkward and upset.

However - the „visions“ remain and have start to spread to other women as well, which makes me feel horrible!

I also like the advice of doing push-ups however i doubt a bit that this advice is practicable since i can’t just leave the room for some push-ups and return ^^

Thank you again and I‘d highly appreciate any further input on this.

Have a wonderful day!

8. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

try reading these threads they have information that may help you seee things differetnly

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/pa-do-you-ever-really-forget.138930/

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-feels-of-ogling-a-females-perspective.139872/

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-this-common.130125/

9. BBWolf000

BBWolf000 Fapstronaut

And remain they will for a period of time. Remember it took you a lifetime to build your old mental habits so removing and replacing them will not happen over night. Keep making progress. Every time you resist the temptation to drift into a sexual fantasy you become that much stronger. Keep yourself in the moment, even if it’s not enjoyable like vacuuming, sitting in a boring work meeting or eating dinner with your family. The present moment is the ONLY thing that we have control over in our lives and by staying grounded in it we can orchestrate how we respond to life’s stressors that would have sent us into a pleasure seeking, mental chase before.

This is a great moment for push ups because after you get back up, feel the soreness in your arms and your heart racing, it’s almost impossible to not be focused on your sensations and your body, which is present. And yes, it is awkward at first, but people get over it. I’m even now comfortable doing them in front of my boss and coworkers, though they don’t know the real reason why lol.

Torn and Kumya like this.
  10. Kumya

Kumya New Fapstronaut

Thank you for this. I’ll try my best and let you know about my progress.

BBWolf000 and SpouseofPA like this.