How to deal with stronger urges while on your period?

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Cutethulu, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Cutethulu

Cutethulu New Fapstronaut

I know this has probably been asked before, but how do you guys deal with elevated urges before/during your period?

2. Neverdothatagain

Neverdothatagain Fapstronaut

Hello companion.

In my experience, I can tell you that when I get the urge, being in public places helps me a lot. Exercising is also very beneficial, and bathing with cold water, although not too much to my liking, helps the body lose its cravings.

3. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

My hardest time is the week around ovulation and the only thing that really shifts it is real life social interaction, i.e. not being alone. Being out in nature & walking helps some, but not totally.

u376 likes this.
  4. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

Same problem here. Serious desire for O around ovulation and a different wish for it when I come on, to reduce the cramps and cheer myself up. Tempted to go on the pill but would prefer to win than avoid confronting the issue head on.

5. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

@EmmyB its seriously uncomfortable for me over ovulation feels like my pelvic floor is tensed up & throbbing ready to go off all the time, it does my head in!

The pill kills it but also kills my sex drive entirely.. to the point that I hate sex and cant get aroused and have super weak orgasms. It puts me into some kind of chemically induced flatline. Messes me up those fake hormones. I always had to have the really potent angrogen-blocking pills though for acne. I assume the regular pills aren't as brutal?

EmmyB likes this.
  6. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

I feel your pain re ovulation. As for the pill, yours may have been stronger. I'm tempted to ask for the same but I still would ideally like to beat this through willpower. Have tried everything. Replaced jeans with skirts to avoid any accidental rubbing, not eating processed sugars or having stimulants such as coffee or even chocolate. Losing weight and feeling good, but still horny. GRRR!

SpiritAnimal likes this.
  7. SpiritAnimal

SpiritAnimal Fapstronaut

Theres no way of getting rid of it really, its our biological drive. I feel mine is particularly determined though! How many days without O are you now? I'm on day 25 and I think I might go nuts soon!! Got to the point I'm pleading with my body to let me have a wet dream. Counter-productive I know but the tension is killing me!!

Ginny Weasley likes this.
  8. True_Self

True_Self Fapstronaut

36 day without O and I feel fookin´ great.

If you keep in mind what a couple of seconds of pleasure can cost you, and how you get angry by start from that zero again, you win.

EmmyB likes this.
  9. Hannah II

Hannah II Fapstronaut

For me it's usually the week leading to an ovulation, and then normally the cravings start rising again from the third day of my period. However, I'm on day 1 today and just slipped... As for how to control your urges, I guess the best is to avoid triggers!

10. Ginny Weasley

Ginny Weasley Fapstronaut

It’s knackering and honestly even when I’m not on my period I’m already bloody randy, so add that to the mix and I just want to desperately O.

I’ve tried distractions, doing things differently, taking baths, exercise, films, you name it... But no amount of faffing about shakes that feeling and constant state of arousal, all I think about is sex whether I want to or not, like it’s in the back of my mind subconsciously. So I haven’t found anything that works either and don’t know if that’s how you’re normally supposed to feel or not. lol

I’m sick of bloody well having to wear looser clothes and doing everything in my life so drastically different down to even the clothes I wear, just because my twat is having a fit and won’t leave me alone. I think I’m just going to roll with it and try to live how I want to without thinking about sex or the feeling down there, If I end up O’ing accidentally because I’m so sensitive there now then I guess so be it. :(

[email protected] and EmmyB like this.
  11. I start experiencing stronger urges right after my ovulation. The best way to fight them I figured is to be ready for them, mentally before physically. You know your cycle, you know when the urges start, you commit to reorienting your life during this time in a way which most likely prevents relapsing. Generally trying to decrease stress levels by the time of ovulation, like having a good pmo free week before the time comes is a good idea (the longer the better of course), eating less carbs helps me with the bloating, which reduces stress altogether, excercise...etc

If the urges are too strong to bear, just stay out of the house. But really, the key to this is how much one's committed and focused on the goal of no pmo, no urge is uncontollably too strong to bear. Having a chronic illness, for example, is a worse place to be, but people who learn how to adapt their whole lifestyle according to their condition cope better (also their life sort of depends on that). I don't see why dealing with urges and pmo ,generally speaking, should be that different...

Retro Girl likes this.
  12. Ginny Weasley

Except it’s not as simple as that though, and I’d say otherwise about no urge being too strong to bear. Besides the fact I can’t get out much how do you stop arousal that’s so intense, that if I was to either focus a tad or even brush against down there, I’d end up O’ing.. I have to be careful on everything I do and it really is knackering, so far instead of it getting easier it’s only gotten harder.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    EmmyB likes this.
  13. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

Same here! In fact part of my no M, no sex commitment is that I've given up wearing trousers (pants, for Americans) and tights. From now, skirts and bare legs, and cotton underwear (no thongs). Everything possible to avoid irritation. Yes, I expect I'll get cold legs in the winter. But as I started in the summer my hope is that I'll acclimatise. I had to dress that way for school and I survived, so it should be possible now.

14. Ginny Weasley

I don't enjoy wearing just a skirt and prefer tights with them, I hate having my legs bare and definitely wouldn't do it in the winter. Bloody hell.

I'll probably just have to find trousers that are slightly bigger I guess, because I'd hate to just be limited to skirts (which honestly aren't my favourite). You don't normally wear regular pants and usually a thong? I don't know how anyone can use one of those.

15. Eleanor

Eleanor Fapstronaut Moderator Assistant

I survived to my last period by getting the swell down as quickly as possible, by using a bag with hot water on my abdomen at night, drinking concentrated tea made with Arnica montana, which is a flower, and taking ibuprofen to take the swell down and the blood out of my body as soon as possible. My period lasted 3 days (half of the usual time) and my streak survived.

16. EmmyB

EmmyB Fapstronaut

I hate having bare legs too, except when it's nice and warm in the summer obvs. But tights cause me to get thrush and that leads to an itch which in turn means me touching where I shouldn't... You know how it goes. And with trousers I mainly wear thongs to avoid VPL, and they too can focus my attention where I don't want it. So, simple cotton undies, skirts and dresses and bare legs it is for me now, at least until I've gone 365 days without O.

Ginny Weasley likes this.
  17. Ginny Weasley

Ah okay, that makes sense but I seriously couldn't do it. At least you're willing to do something about it, and good luck with the cold mate, hopefully you do well this winter.

EmmyB likes this.
  18. Lady_anxiety

Lady_anxiety Fapstronaut

Didn't find a way to deal with it yet, I keep having all the time, except for the first 72hours of my period