1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with fear?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LimitlessPotential, Aug 17, 2017.

1. LimitlessPotential

LimitlessPotential Fapstronaut

Hi all,
    I'm just wanted to ask you all for any help for dealing with fear... Ever since I started my reboot period, I have these fears of failing at PMO. I am getting better slowly as I have started to meditate, exercise, and do some reading. Now, all I need to do is find an accountability partner. Yet, each day feels like another test because I cannot suppress the feeling of fear, fear of relapsing again. I recently started and am still struggling to break my 10-day streak. I am confused because I don't know how to overcome this fear... it creates negative thoughts in my mind, every single day. I fear that I will give into the urges that come so often every now and then. I want to learn how to transform these thoughts into something positive(meditation has offered me a way, but am still learning about it). Any advice on this matter... I want to be free from excessive overthinking about PMO, I just really mentally strain myself out so much that it drains all of my energy. But I will still forge ahead, regardless of however I feel because I know one day I will achieve my goal!
    Thank you to anybody in advance!

2. mybirthdaypresent

mybirthdaypresent Fapstronaut

I think you should treat your fear the same way you treat your urge about PMO. It will come, yes it will. It will be painful, of course. But the important thing is how do you treat it (are you gonna fight it or are you gonna give in to it). So I think you just stick with how you deal with your urge. Meditation, Exercise, or other Activities that can make you doing something instead of thinking your thought is surely helpful (I'm talking about hobbies, volunteer work, or anything that suits you).

When you finally learn to treat your urge, you will have confidence about yourself. When you have your confidence, I'm pretty sure fear will lose its power. So fight on and be strong buddy. The power is all in you.

LimitlessPotential likes this.
  3. I always go Paul Atreides on that shit:
    "Fear is the mind killer." That's my mantra and it works. Fear is simply the unknown coming at us and we must meet it head on.

You got this.

LimitlessPotential likes this.
  4. LimitlessPotential

Thanks for the encouraging words! I will continue to deal with urges and am sure that I will find a creative way to deal with it sooner or later. Right now, I meditate whenever I have urges, in fact I hadon't a massive one just this morning. I sort of let the sexual thouthts pass me by, without giving in to it, thereby fighting it. It takes some time,but in the end it does eventually work.
    As for hobbies , I have wanted to do volunteer work and help others, but it's just that I don't get the passion to help others from the inside (if that makes any sense). I will start new sports soon, just have to find the courage to go up to coaches and ask them.

5. LimitlessPotential

Thank you for the encouraging words! I will try it the next time an urge arises.

Deleted Account likes this.