1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

~How to become better looking and attract more Girls~ UPDATED PART 3!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Mateo89, Feb 9, 2017.

1. lostandfound

lostandfound Fapstronaut

Whatever you do what you want.. Even the world health organization has acknowledged that meat is bad for you. Im doing what is best for me. If overwhelming evidence comes out that isnt back by the meat and dairy industries then I might consider changing

2. If you believe that diabetes, heart disease and other things known as 'diseases of civilisation' then I promise you that your ideas are off track and you need better studies.

I'll give you one thing... a vegan diet is better than the standard American diet that is loaded with sugar. That's the only positive comment I have.

3. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

There are too many co-factors in nutritional studies to account for to make direct Cause and effect relationships between diets and health. Most of these studies are correlations at most. A vegan diet can still be unhealthy/irrelevant if your eating donuts every day, or smoking, heavily stressed, etc. The same goes for a low carb however.

In my person opinion, the Key to health and longevity is balance, not to over obsess over scientific literature, obsess to extremes in dieting but rather practice moderation of all things

Mateo

4. lostandfound

lostandfound Fapstronaut

Well said. I think this thread should end with that

Mateo89 likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Guest

Food is fuel and fuel should be tracked. A properly formulated ketogenic diet is not only simple and healthy but also completely sustainable long term. Furthermore anyone wanting to lose weight will need to track their caloric intake to ensure they have a caloric deficit. No deficit, no weight loss. Most people do not lose weight because they do not bother to track how much food theyre shoving down their grocery holes. If there isn't a caloric deficit then you will either stay at the same weight or you will gain weight, whether you're a vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, ketogenic, or whatever new diet that came out of Hollywood.

Most people stay fat on ketogenic diets because they're not doing one which is formulated for their goals. There are plenty of different ways to do a ketogenic diet and your goals are what will determine how you formulate your diet. These people drinking sticks of butter in their coffee or who say "eat fat, burn fat" are just as ridiculous as people saying "a plant based diet is the best diet for a healthy life long term."

6. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

The reason why people don't get fat on ketogenic diets is because ketones supress the hunger drive. Robert Atkins was diagnosed obese and with heart disease after his death. Great example.
    I already wrote everything important about the topic and I don't want to continue a discussion here since everything has already been discussed. Just one last things. If you have to count calories you're on the wrong diet. Do you think wolves track their calories?, How about Apes or Horses? They don't since they eat the diet that is best for them and that's why those animals are not fat. The human diet is one of Starch, Fruits and vegetables.

7. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox Guest

I don't see where I've advocated that Dr. Atkins was the pinnacle of ketogenic living/diets. Most of his stuff is a joke and the program is a joke. I'm more into reading Lyle McDonald, Jeff Volek, and Stephen Phinney to name a few.

HahHahaha wolves, apes, and horses don't use food as a crutch, binge eat, emotionally eat, nor do they overeat. They also don't eat with the same frequency as human beings. Your comparison is incredibly ridiculous. Most of these animals also spend a large part of their day moving about. They also do not count calories because they lack the mental capacity to do so. Furthermore human beings are omnivores so our ideal diet is both plant and animal based. If our primitive ancestors were vegans our evolutionary story would have ended long ago.

Mateo89 likes this.
  8. Red Eagle

Red Eagle Fapstronaut

Still people following a high carb, low fat plant based diet are still lean despite low activity level. Humans are not omnivorous. Tell me about one adaption the human body has done towards meat eating. Overeating happens because people eat the wrong foods since those don't have a good enough satiety.

I'm not gonna reply since it doesn't make a lot of sense anymore.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  9. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

I'd have to agree with Mr. Fox on his point. We, as a human species have lived off of meat and plants our entire existence. So of course we've evolved to be omnivores. Modern day diets, filled with preservatives, chemicals, sugars, excessive calories are the culprit. We were never really evolved into consuming such an excess in calories and have so many rich foods. Our ancestors would go days without food, eating one meal a day, etc. Therefore, its not surprising the increase in obesity, diabetese, blood pressure risks today. Sedentary life and bad eating habits are the main issues. Not whether its a plant based or meat based diet.

A healthy dose of proteins, good fats, veggies and carbs is only going to benefit you in the long run.

Mateo

10. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Fapstronaut

Sorry, I had to sign up and reply to this. This video sums everything up:

I suggest those in a vegan diet to see the video with and open-minded aproach.

NextLevelOfLife likes this.
  11. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

Long awaited PART 2 Is HERE FOLKS!

Cheers!

Day 123
    Get on it

Mateo

12. SupBruh

SupBruh Fapstronaut

Yes! This here is much needed advice. I'd also add:

Shaving (besides your face, the crotch and armpit area) and a proper shaving kit (i.e. double edge razor);
    Plucking nose hairs;
    Waxing chest/back (if you have any significant hair there) and your backside;
    Whitening teeth (visit a dentist for a professional job and then upkeep with carbamide/hydrogen peroxide treatment at home) and a good kit (i.e. Waterpik, electric toothbrush)

As long as they think this is your natural state. Women don't like a guy who tries too much.

13. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

AMAZING ADDS!! YES, I absolutely agree. Surprised I didnt think of those.

Cheers

Mateo

14. Awesomej

Awesomej Fapstronaut

This deserve a pin. Have been doing this for a year. and Now along with nofap. I am dating a girl that is 11 years old younger than me.

15. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

I'm thankful you've found some benefit from this post. And I appreciate your kind gesture.

Best
    Mateo

Awesomej likes this.
  16. newman_unleashed

newman_unleashed Fapstronaut

Something to add on attracting girls.
    Learn to dance. You don't have to be great, just know the basics. Salsa, swing, whatever. If you do happen to be good, more power to you. Girls will love it. It's good exercise. It encourages social interaction. It builds confidence. Also, girls don't care what you look like if you are good. They will dance with you once they see you move. Find a dance night at a local club or sign up for a class. You won't regret it.

Mateo89 likes this.
  17. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

100% agree. Ill supplement that with:

1. Learn to be self expressive through the arts; whether its playing an instrument, singing, dancing, drawing, drama, any of that is not only good creatively for urself, but lets face it. Girls love a guy who can show a sensitive side.

Mateo

18. The |E|volutionary

The |E|volutionary Fapstronaut

Taking that a step further, get to a point where women are not the anchor to your happiness and overall feeling of success. All that pressure makes someone feel heavy. When you have something other than women going on, they'll notice.

19. Mateo89

Mateo89 Fapstronaut

Hey guys I've added a part 3 to this post! check it out and leave feedback below

Mateo

20. Awesomej

Awesomej Fapstronaut

Great. good you put the updates on first page or I will lost in lengthy diet debate. lol.