1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How often do you cry?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 14, 2018.

1. @OnceAfraidToMerge , Thanks! That thread seems really interesting. I've had an interest in primativism on and off throughout my life and feel like so much is missing in our day to day as humans. I think punk and subcultures in general are tapping into that primal vein and tribal mindset. It's crazy we have to relearn how to be more authentically human sometimes.

2. Has anyone ever cried after a relapse?

I did a few years ago. It wasn't an accident, I made a decision to end my streak. But when I did, after 129 days without an O, I cried and cried. It was very unexpected but there were a lot of powerful emotions that came up at that time . . .

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. I've cried after sex before. I think it's similar and has to do with the release, but I don't have the science to know for sure.

4. That's the beauty of music I guess! A gig where any kind of visceral or aggressive music is playing seems to be one of the only places where people are able to scream, shout, flail around and release all that pent up energy without being judged or criticised.

There's even some research to support that being beneficial to our health and our happiness:

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0305735616659552

"The findings revealed that engaging with music by dancing or attending musical events was associated with higher SWB than for those who did not engage with music in these forms."
    (SWB = subjective wellbeing)

5. I used to be a complete robot when it came to crying. It was a topic that came up a lot, honestly, how nothing ever makes me cry.

One day I went to the movies with my boyfriend at the time and my best friend (we were seeing The Help) and they told me beforehand that if I dont cry I'm heartless and they were both crying their eyes out the whole time and I'm just sitting there like... it's sad, sure, but im not gonna cry about it.

Anyway, fast forward to I dont even know when it changed, but now I'm such a baby and I can cry immediately at almost any sad thought. Lol I can also (most of the time) make myself cry. But seriously, I tear up at anything sad, sweet, sappy, nostalgic, etc. Idk what changed, but I'm not a robot anymore. lol

6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Only when I pee sitting down.

7. Not often enough.
    I feel it really helps, it's a good way to let emotion out, but for me it's not as easy as I want it to be. If I could just cry about things as they happened then I wouldn't let loads and loads of shit build up over months and months, and eventually one day drop a spoon on the floor or something stupid like that and burst into tears and hate myself.

xoxo

8. How often do you cry?
    Every time I get my dental bills

9. Screaming? Hehehe. I dont know if I ever had the opportunity to scream as loud as I could ... Or even half of what I can.
    I like laughing untill physical pain, but it gets crazy when I can't stop it lol.

10. The last time I laughed until the point of physical pain it involved Brad Neely. I highly recommend it, but I have a weird sense of humor. Take breaks or prepare for an ab workout.

https://archive.org/details/wizard-people

11. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Twice in a year....I think
    But I don't cry like babies
    Only my eyes become moist

12. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Wow ... I think you should watch death parade(my avatar is protagonist)

WesternWolf likes this.
  13. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

There is nothing much emotional in that movie

14. @Castielle I sometimes get panicky about the pressure to cry. Like if I got unexpected tragic news would I not be able to cry on the spot. I feel like the people around me would think I was a monster. Its an irrational fear I guess because I probably would cry, but then again maybe I wouldn't in that exact moment. Not knowing makes me tense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2018
  15. Yeah, I feel that way too. I cry really easily now at like movies and stuff or hypothetical or fictional situations, but I still dont cry easily at actual bad things happening. I'm not an overly emotional person most of the time in reality, and sometimes I worry about what people will think. But for the most part I've just embraced that that's who I am and they shouldnt judge me for it.

Also, there are perks to being that way. I tend to be the one sort of supporting people or taking care of the messy stuff when bad things happen, because I'm not as emotional about it so I dont need as much emotional support. That also often means that I'm not very good at sympathizing with very emotional people and supporting them emotionally, but I can support them in other ways.

16. Healed!

Healed! Fapstronaut

As long as you’re not denying your emotions, don’t let anyone else determine how you should express them. Everyone is different and we have done our young men a great disservice by forcing them into some predetermined “manly” role.

17. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

Crying is a lazy way of expressing your feelings and getting your emotions out. Many other ways that are more productive.
    I only cry when someone dies in a film or something.

God dammit Hodor.

18. Hold the door. He had one job and he did it.

19. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I cry at least 5 to 10 times a day! This post actually is making me cry right now :(

20. joarev85

joarev85 Fapstronaut

Me too! I also cried after a relapse. The feeling that I will never get out of this addiction even as much as I try. But for the most I don't cry after relapse because I hide my feelings. Which is really bad. I really should express my feelings more. It goes with the ...