1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How not to relapse in days like this?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Mr. Cold Weather, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Mr. Cold Weather

Mr. Cold Weather New Fapstronaut

There's no day I don't think about my one and only ex. Her memory is a very powerful stimulant to my libido and remembering a year ago the special day we had... I'm horny, angry, sad as f***...

No exercise, no cold showers, no walking has worked... is even worst when I cool down enough to accept she must be with someone else... then I just cry and hit the walls (much to the dislike of my already purple knuckles)

Onerandomguy123 likes this.
  2. Muphy

Muphy Fapstronaut

Buy a Rubik's cube and try to solve it.
    If not able then take youtYou help and solve it. It's amazing stress reliever.

Learn Sudoku and solve it.
    I have a Sudoku app and whwnewhe I have a sex thought I solve one Sudoku.

3. TurnTides

TurnTides Fapstronaut

It's been about 5-6 years for me since my ex broke up with me, I haven't dated much since. She creeps into my dreams and makes them nightmares, even on days when I never had my mind on her. She was someone I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, but it wasn't in the cards, and that's OK. You need to show yourself some tough love, and suck it up. It's a bit heartless, but sulking about it makes things that much more difficult for you.

Use her as a stepping stone towards your new self. Cut off the parts about you that weighed your relationship down. Start slow, take each day at a time, focus on your job, maybe stay a few hours of overtime, keep your mind occupied. Maybe talk with your parents/family or friends, get some insight on how they dealt with heart ache, you're definitely not alone when it comes to this type of thing. Just don't expect miracles, or put yourself in a false sense of hope, be realistic about your goals/expectations.

Chin up, chest out.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  4. PJT

PJT Fapstronaut

buy a journal and hand write out some stuff. I know we have computers and this is a good forum, sometimes perfect solace can bring out some creativity and maybe that eureka moment will hit you? Just a thought. I feel you from the stand point of investing time, my mind and soul to something that should have been but ended up not being. The anger and all that about someone else in their life, but just work on improving you and dont fall for the pmo trap and just keep being more and more self resilient.

5. motion2082

motion2082 Fapstronaut

Teaching yourself to read a book or write a journal will be 100x more helpful than any digital device.

Understand your subconscious brain will be the first step to realising the triggers to the behaviour you're struggling with

6. great advice man, i learned a lot from your post. Thank you

7. On those days, you gotta call up a friend, and get out of the house. Take a nap is another option

8. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

Make some imaginary friends to help you snap back to the real world when you start thinking about her. That's what I did and it was one of the best things I have ever done.

9. Onerandomguy123

Onerandomguy123 Fapstronaut

You've gotta leave your comfort zone and do something that will make you feel better and productive. Whenever I feel rejected or depressed, I usually read a book or do as many push-ups I can in a row and already feel good about myself. Don't listen to sad music that reminds you of your ex, this just makes everything worse.
    Remember that all this internal and external discomfort/pain is temporary. Get back up and achieve something man, you got this.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.