1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How many wives...

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, Jul 17, 2018.

1. I think the whole thing is absolutely sad, and not just that she daydreams this. For her to even entertain the thought really speaks volumes about the situation in general, and given that they are so religious says even more. For myself, I cannot imagine anything in my marriage being more painful than dealing with the years of PA and all its other related 'stuff.' I've sometimes thought it would be easier to deal with physical abuse than this, and I've even wished it could be switched at times. But, if neither of those things are even a factor for this lady, I can't imagine what is going on in their marriage that could bring about these contemplations. Maybe it's just that feeling trapped in an unsatisfactory marriage for so long has brought about enough resentment to warrant the thought? Perhaps the marriage was never one with mutual respectful love even in the beginning?

Also, maybe they should find a different counselor, especially if they've been going for years. Clearly, there's a lot of progress to be made there.

2. I think this is a slightly different question. I've sort of daydreamed that I suppose, but not out of anger. More of a hypothetical fantasy where I want to daydream about being with someone else, but I would never cheat on my spouse, so I sort of pretend, in my mind, that he died.

But I think that's different than what you're asking. I've definitely never thought that out of anger. But I can maybe see why someone might if they are 100% against divorce. That might feel like the only option.

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  3. I try real hard to respect the religious views of others as it impacts recovery. This one, I do admit I have a bias against as I feel like it disproportionately affects women. All that aside though, gotta say that believing divorce is morally worse than wishing someone else dead is whacked.

Peace,
    -Quinn

4. mcgrim

mcgrim Fapstronaut

This conversation has reminded me of something that happened after my Father passed away this year.

The Saturday after he passed I got the following out of two fortune cookies in this order too...

"The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected."

"We would often be sorry if our wishes came true."

It's kind of off topic but also on topic because of the context of this conversation. Basically be careful what you wish for you may just get it.

I hope this person you are speaking about is able to work though the challenges her and her husband are facing. I can only imagine the pain she must be experiencing to make a comment like that. No one deserves that much pain and suffering.

Jennica and Numb like this.
  5. BetrayedMermaid

BetrayedMermaid Fapstronaut

I have thought... it might have been easier if he died because the choice would be made, he'd be dead... but it's a sad thought.. but yes, I have thought that.

TryingHard2Change likes this.
  6. BetrayedMermaid

I just had a fantasy last night when we were at a restaurant that I poured our water jar over his head in a fancy restaurant...and walked out calmly. (I didn't do it but I laughed at myself for thinking it).

7. BetrayedMermaid

I have told my husband that it would have been easier for me if he would have died... I don't want him to die, I just feel that THAT pain would be easier to deal with... although I'm not sure that is the case. I'd have been absolutely heartbroken before Dday, but honestly, I'd be less heartbroken if he died now because I wouldn't have to deal with the constant thoughts of "is he going to betray me again???" that's horrible to admit, I know. Again- I don't wish he would die. I really do love him, he just has hurt me so much. I'm very honest with my husband. He's on noFap and reads my stuff.

The thoughts that I have is that my death would be easier... if I died. But I know that's just pain talking too and even though I have a bit of a death wish, I could not do that to my children.

8. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

I appreciate your honest thoughts.