1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

how i kicked junk food and became healthy

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Feb 20, 2019.

1. From an early age my mom never allowed me to eat junk food, at daycare everyone would have chocolate milk but i couldnt, i was never allowed sweets or anything tasty, and i feel that had a lot to do with how unhealthy i became as i became a teenager, i was almost rebellious about my food, i ate everything i wanted i would drink 2 energy drinks a day, and eat red baron pizzas and microwave macaroni daily, i did this since i was 13, i am 20 now. I luckily was blessed with great genetics when it comes to my lightning metabolism so i never got fat or gained an ounce of weight, but i definitely did not feel good, or rather i did not realize how bad i felt. See the thing is when you are unhealthy you dont really realize how bad you feel until you become healthy, a normal unhealthy person might feel normal, but a healthy persons whole body radiates with a wonderful high. I would say it was around 15 when my mom offered me some of the juice she drank, it had lots of vegetables and fruits in it, i hated them, but i wanted to be somewhat healthy so i would drink one here and there but not often at all, now lets fast forward to when i 19, i started drinking that juice again, and this time a lot more often than years before, i would have one atleast twice a week but i did not stay consistent with it and eventually fell off. Now lets go to about 4 months ago, i started drinking green tea, i was starting to quit energy drinks than and i wanted to become healthy, i became instantly hooked on green tea, it made me very happy and mixed with meditation it was amazing, and that really kick started me interest in health food, i thought if green tea can make me feel this good i wonder what else can, so i started drinking that juice again, this time every day and sometimes more than one a day, now this is when i really got into health food, i started feeling high off of it and i loved it, but let me tell you the breaking point for me. So it was late at night and i had a serious sweet tooth, i had not yet made any commitment to stop eating junk food and i planned to go get an energy drink because we were out of milk, so i drove to the gas station and when i was about to pull in i said no, i am tired of feelng like trash and putting this shit in my body, so i went the extra 5 minutes to go to walmart and go get milk, and this is when i had my breakthrough, that final decision to quit for good and dedicate myself, and from than on i have been on a journey to eat healthier and healthier than ever before. That was about 2 months ago i believe and the results are insane, i went from being depressed and having no energy or desire all the time to feeling daily euphoria and happiness, and this is why i believe to be healthy it takes me than just having a salad with your junk food, it requires you to cut out junk food all together, that means no sugar or processed food at all, i realize quitting junk food can be very hard but it truly does get easier, after just 20 days of healthy eating i had no craving for junk food whatsoever, i dont want it or even want to look at it, thinking about how it poisons my body makes me want to burn it all, so thats how i became healthy, i had the desire to change and i did it.

2. Zillion

Zillion Fapstronaut

Ok the success story of yours makes me feel motivated, though eating fatty or processed food is not that unhealthy when compared with binge eating (instant gratification), things that increase temptation, makes you slave or depend upon some materials will not favor for your personal development and success..

I consider myself very lucky, hence I`ve got a superpower of giving up anything litreally, If i decide to give up or quit something, i can do it with an ease.

the only thing is i feel quite lazy, and its very hard for me to maintain same sleep pattern every day :p

3. i disagree about it not being that unhealthy compared to binge eating, anything that is processed or having sugar is very bad for you, it makes you fat and unhealthy, literally one piece of junk food can mess up your health high for days, the way i look at it is if you would not give that to your animal or kids, than you should not consume it yourself, half that crap the insects and bacteria wont even eat, generally the longer the shelf life of the food the less nutritious it is.

4. Coolbuddy7

Coolbuddy7 Fapstronaut

Wow, true.

But see, I live with my parents and can't get them to consider giving up on sugar. I do consume very less junk than anyone else I know, okay, But still I have a lot of packaged snacks and that is going to be bad for me ! Alright , first step, I am quitting the packaged food ! This is for real , I am quitting it in a week because there are a lot of those right now at my home, so once I get them depleted, no more packaged snacks , maybe I will have a fruit instead ?

BravelyKegger likes this.
  5. Don_93

Don_93 Fapstronaut

Good job man ! Keep it up.

BravelyKegger likes this.
  6. if i was you i would stop now, why postpone feeling good?, the sooner you commit the better, if you are serious than be serious, and it does not matter what your parents do, this is your life so take it in your own hands, if they buy your food give them a list of healthy food you want. I can give you a complete list of what i eat if you want, actually here.
    -2 chicken breasts mixed with a pot of jasmine rice or brown rice, daily
    -veggie smoothie consisting of, spinach, broccoli, celery, 2 bananas , 1 apple, greek yogurt, 1cup of orange juice, 1 cup of water, youll need a blender to make these.
    -lots of tea, green tea, oolong tea, peppermint tea, ginger tea, these are all options
    -spinach eggs, salmon, milk, fruits/veggies
    -i occasionally juice veggies and fruits it consists of, cucumber, celery, beets, broccoli stems, carrots, i add more depending on what i can find. I would say the worst thing i eat is the garlic salt i put on my chicken and rice, which i am trying to find a healthier alternative, and i need to cut back on tortilla chips, the brand is santitas, i love eating those with hummus.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2019
  7. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Sorry I like my processed foods... Rice, oatmeal, frozen vegetables, frozen chicken breasts, peanut butter, and coffee are my staples.

8. thats perfectly fine, not everyone can travel the road of health. I used to think the same way, man was i stupid lol.

9. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Lol was playing devils advocate there... not all processed foods are bad...

Yes junk food is bad and cheap. Hence why people can easily have poor health. Most will have an combination of high amounts of sodium, sugar, fats, and preservatives. That which can lead to health issues down the road. High blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, etc.

I wont say I eat 100% healthy because it's nearly impossible. Now that I'm going to the gym it's hard to meet my macros eating alone, so I need to use protein powders and supplements.

10. unless you are trying to put on serious size you dont need that much protein, i dont even eat that much and i still make serious gains.

11. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut

I stopped consuming junk food when I was 14. I disagree with your feeling happier side effect but I do feel better knowing that I am healthier than most people.

12. maybe it varies person to person, but when i started eating healthy and cut out junk food, all my depression was gone, my social anxiety dropped a lot, i have this wonderful head buzz all the time, and its just super hard to get me feeling down now. And i drink a lot of green juice btw, beets and stuff, it gives you a high when you drink them on an empty stomach.