1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you stop sabotoging yourself?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by skart, Feb 17, 2015.

1. skart

skart Guest

Its like my conscious mind wants to do the right thing but my subconscious keeps letting me down.Its a constant war between the two and eventually the subconscious mind wins. This I believe is the biggest obstacle to overcome to achieve success.

2. cae

cae Fapstronaut

I know exactly what that's like. I wanted to do the right thing, but it was like my mind would deny me the benefits of quitting PMO. After a long streak, I was almost expecting to fail ... and eventually did.

However, it's different now. I think the key is to value yourself and trust in your abilities. This doesn't come overnight, it's a process. Keep telling yourself, that you are worth EXACTLY as much as every other person on this planet. Also, take good care of yourself. Live healthy and don't be to hard on yourself. Also, aim to be a good person and help others. Living on this earth is not an obligation, it's a privilege, a gift! And you (out of infinite other possible DNA combinations) have been given this gift.

One thing that always helps me is to see myself from God's perspective.

1st, to him, all people are equally valuable (as long as they wish to do what's right).

2nd, he doesn't look on your past, but for him it's important what you're doing right now and who you're aiming to be.

3rd, he wants you to be happy, after all, that's what we were made for. Love God and enjoy life.

4th, to trust in God will also help you to trust in yourself. Why? Because you're one of his works. Everything he made works perfectly - as long as you don't mess with it. He gave you a free will and (among others) also the ability to quit this addiction. So use it and be confident that you will succeed. (To illustrate: When you go to bed at night, are you afraid you won't wake up in the morning? No! You're body does this all just by itself. So do your part and let your body/brain do the rest.)

I hope this helped a little. Feel free to write me if you have any more questions.

Greetings, Cae

3. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Fapstronaut

take up a passtime like sports, or art, perhaps even cooking, just don't get super fat.

4. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

When you really want to commit and really take it seriously. Which is really hard to do. But it's a must.

5. skart

skart Guest

What a fantastic answer!! Thank you so much for this valuable advice!!i will never forget it.

6. krazykhan786

krazykhan786 Fapstronaut

Buddy, trust me...its not subconscious v's conscious only...its Subconscious + your brain chemicals V's the righteous you. So its a tough battle...the opponent is strong...but dont underestimate yourself, you are very strong inside, you just need to rediscover your strength. Mind you, the strength of opponent is all around your Relapse..the more you relapse the more opponent will become strong... I'd recommend you to follow 1 simple Rule, Just by hook or crook get pass the 1st Week of Streak! Afterwards your subconscious mind and brain chemicals will be less strong and you'd have more control over yourself... So its 22 feb when you have relapsed now...dont relapse till 29 feb by any means. After 1 week it will be easy for you to get a long streak and discover the benefits of nofap. Good Luck.

7. krazykhan786

krazykhan786 Fapstronaut

If we give sleeping pill to a person he will feel sleepy and eventually sleep regardless of his OWN WILL to Awake. With this example i want to tell you that Its all Bloody Chemicals inside us that want us to relapse, So Dont feel bad about yourself in this struggle YOU ARE NOT BAD...its the Chemical in brain that are BAD. In my example, the Sleeping pills i.e Chemical comes to the person from External Source but in PMO's case, the Chemical is Inside ourselves, the chemicals which are not balanced because of years of bad habits...so it requires a Real Conscious efforts to get along with the streak to overcome the disturbance by the chemicals.