1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you meet people and make friends?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by OrangeJuice13, Jun 17, 2017.

1. OrangeJuice13

OrangeJuice13 Fapstronaut

Not talking about making romantic relationships though eventually I guess it would naturally happen if you just kept meeting new people. Problem is I don't know how to go up to someone and make friends with them. It seems super awkward if I just walk up to someone and start talking to them and they probably feel really uncomfortable because let's face it, a lot of people are so used to texting on phones and stuff they only feel comfortable talking to their real friends.
    I'm at university now and the only friends I have are people I was introduced to in the first days when we had our orientation and met the others in our degree. I've made like 1 other friend with people in classes (I am half way through my second year now) but otherwise I simply don't know how to just go up to someone I see that I want to be friends with and well, be friends with them.
    It shouldn't be this hard to just make friends. Maybe I'm too shy, maybe they are, or maybe something else. I guess you also have to be lucky that the other person is cool and willing to talk and have a bit of fun but I feel like it's impossible to find people like that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. I've normally met a lot of my friends through classes and coursework. I sit in the front row and I guess everyone thinks I know everything and smart when in reality I'm just hungry and trying not to relapse :p. Yeah, you could join a local club or chapter. You'll be introduced to a lot of people and will get some close friends through it.

3. OrangeJuice13

Yeah man, I was definitely thinking of joining some clubs at my uni. It would really be a great way to meet interesting people with similar interests. And I thought about just talking to people at lectures this semester but I never could because first of all I'd feel pressured to sit next to my current friends and second of all it just felt weird lol.
    But, I really think that I will decide to join some clubs. As soon as my exams are over I'm going to find out what clubs there are :p

Deleted Account and DonDraper like this.
  4. Hello, OrangeJuice13. I've come to the conclusion that making friends is something neither difficult nor easy. It depends on who you are as a person and how much you work to improve your personality. Actually, you don't make friends. You don't have to work at a relationship to keep it. You have to work at yourself. People hang out together according to the values they believe in and talents they have in common.

No matter how much you help somebody or how much money you lend to somebody, that will never make you friends with that person. Someone will want your friendship only if they will think that this friendship will improve them. That's why experienced, courageous and morally superior people are wanted as friends. Also people who have (social) skills are wanted as friends: those who have a great sense of humor, play an instrument, dance, etc

Bancroft741, RealMe and OrangeJuice13 like this.
  5. OrangeJuice13

Fuck I've totally forgotten all about self improvement. There are so many lessons I learn through my nofap that I realize one day and don't think about again until I've forgotten all about them. Working on yourself. Now that was one of my most rewarding goals during my longest streaks. Great reply, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

6. Truth!!

7. Genji

Genji Guest

join language groups and be friend the foreigners. I make friends with asians all the time. The girls are super cute and nice. Help them and they become your friends (almost like in those RPGs, but this work IRL)

8. AdLunaRex

AdLunaRex Guest

I make "kilotons" of friends in the park, were I play basketball and chess. I avoid internet/fakebook because you never know if you are talking with an robot, real one or a "human robot". But at the end I'm alone and I try to cope with this situation.

OrangeJuice13 likes this.