1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you guys date with no money?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Aug 1, 2018.

1. I'm serious. It feels close to impossible. I've heard stories of a homeless man sleeping with woman after woman every night so that he can stay over and eat at their place. That's not my goal, but at the same time I just don't see another way to do things right now.

I don't want "just be yourself" types of advice. We've all heard that a million times.

2. KittyCatz(:

KittyCatz(: Fapstronaut

Well, to be yourself is very important tho. But you have a point, its nearly impossible to date someone without spending a single penny. That homeless man could be good at sweet talking or just too charismatic to resist.. or in short, he has his ways ;)

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. The only way that's true is if his game is really good. Which it probably is if he slept with dozens of women every night just to survive. Imagine that!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2018
  4. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

If you thinx you don't deserve a woman because you don't have a penny than you will not find one but if you thinx you deserve one thats a different story.

My advise would be ignore woman for now and get you're life together. as soon as you do that woman will start to be more attractive because you have a goal in life(getting more money)

Deleted Account and KittyCatz(: like this.
  5. KittyCatz(:

KittyCatz(: Fapstronaut

Then get your game on lol.. but seriously, the world is harsh.. no money to date? Produce some first.. that simple..

6. That's true. I'll just stop complaining. :emoji_sleeping:

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

I think you have to be a Turbo Chad.

8. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

I understand how you feel. Women are instinctively drawn to resources. However, being poor is no reason not to try. You don't want the women that are only interested in money! My parents have been happily married almost four decades, and they married while they were very poor. Good women will love you in spite of your meager finances.

Hitto and Deleted Account like this.
  9. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Last time I checked, these activities were free:

Nature. Taking a walk. Hanging out outside. Hanging out at home. Hanging out in public spaces. Talking is free too, you know.

10. "Dating" might be tricky but sometimes you never know your luck. You could be in a bar, get talking to a girl and her friends, then go back to a house party etc.

11. Yeah. Sometimes I worry about how I might come off to others though. Some of the things I say can be passed off as insensitive or out of the blue; I don't like sounding like I'm making excuses, but some of this I think could be attributed to my autism. People tell me I worry too much or overthink things all the time and that I don't push myself hard enough to do things.

I just need to chill, I guess.

12. Hopefully you'll find that NoFap will help you to worry less about how you come off to others.

13. I've dated without money. It can be done. My go to's: picnics in the park and collaborative art projects. Also, conversation's kinda what it's all about, right? So anything you do is really just to stimulate conversation/bonding. Go hiking, cook a meal together, go swimming, play a game. Just gotta be creative. And girls love creative dates. Who wouldn't?

Hitto, Deleted Account and SheMonk like this.
  14. EricKungFooled

EricKungFooled Fapstronaut

I've wondered the same thing. Recently divorced so after paying alimony, child support and legal fees I went from having a great six figure career to barely making ends meet. But like others say, use the time to focus on yourself and work on skills that will make more money.
    I myself am not worrying about dating yet. Instead I'm focusing my extra time into my part time software development company. For now it is just me coding for a few clients but I hope to re-invest the money to make something big.

Other options is figure out what is draining money. These days there are so many monthly subscription services that it can quickly eat away at all your hard earned money. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO, gym memberships you haven't used in years... that is nearly 200 a month I saved.
    I would recommend using online apps like Mint to figure out where you are spending your money and setup budgets.

15. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Agreed. Dating, imo, should be about connecting. You do that via conversation and spending time together. Not by whatever you pay for on the date. :3

Hitto likes this.
  16. Thank you so much guys. I was under the fixed mindset that every girl considers a good date to be one thats paid for, likely because I currently have trouble getting dates going at all (or even approaching girls, usually). I currently have obnoxiously high standards but at the same time I want to grow by exploring and maybe even forcing my options.

Yeah. What would you recommend would be decent jobs that require no college degree, for starters?

salvacion_a_888 likes this.
  17. EricKungFooled

EricKungFooled Fapstronaut

It depends on your skill set and what you enjoy. Landing a job that utilities a skill you enjoy can be very rewarding and help motivate you to climb the ranks faster. For me that is coding/hacking and I've been promoted every few years.

Many technology careers don't need a college degree but can get started with self-taught online courses in six to eight months. I may be biased because I've been in the programming business for over 18 years and a hiring manager for over half that time. I've hired many programmers who didn't have a college degree but had certifications like Microsoft .net certifications. College degrees help get your foot in the door for programming positions but those can be substituted with certifications, associate degrees or trade school courses. In my experience coding jobs can be very stable recession resistant jobs.

It won't be easy and it takes time to learn and get degrees/certification otherwise everyone would have learned this stuff. About 6 months in a part time school or studying on your own time.

Some technology paths that have a growing demand.
    SQL Developer / DBA -- Not as technology complex and logic intensive as programming but need to remember a lot of facts. This is a growing industry right now and I've had friends start this path with a few certifications in less than 6 months.
    Mobile game or app developer - Could be more fun and easier to get into than .NET programming. Lots of opportunities or you could build your own apps. Tons of tutorials out there.
    .NET/Java developer - Takes more time and practice especially if you never programmed. You build business web and desktop applications.

For artists there is demand for game art, music, 3D animation and modeling. These are similar in the tech industry where some affinity towards the area + practice can land a good paying job without a college degree.

18. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

@Sheathed_Passion

You're welcome. :3

I personally cringe every time someone says women are only interested if you're loaded and you're a chad. That is bullshit. Superficial women, sure. But women who want substantial relations in life know better. Same with men. Superficial people go for superficial shit, so just steer clear of those individuals if you want something deeper.

Also, practice what you preach. Be the kind of human being you'd like to date yourself.

19. Mistakesweremade

Mistakesweremade Fapstronaut

Probably not the homeless stereotype you find on the street bumming people for change and cigarettes. Those type will never get a girl unless thru force.

20. Amen, SheMonk.