How do I stop living in my head an comfort zone?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sakazuki27, May 16, 2019 at 6:29 AM.

1. Sakazuki27

Sakazuki27 Fapstronaut

Every day İ wake up İ oversleep because İ don't want to leave my bed. I know I should and do something productive but İ avoid too much... allthough there is a lot energy stored, don't know how to use it. İ overthink and don't know how to act outside of my anxious mode, it's like a safety net for me but it really holds me back.

CH3RRY likes this.
  2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut

The first step is the hardest. If you can just get up from bed and maybe take a cold shower, you will get rid of your anxious feeling. If you don't do anything, you won't get anywhere. This is just like abstaining, it is simple but not easy. There are no solutions except to just do it. There is nothing you need to figure out, just take actions. Once you start doing more, everything will get easier, including getting up from bed. You're just stuck at the moment, but you know what you need to do, you just need to actually do it.

Also make sure you get enough sleep.

3. Daniel Forster

Daniel Forster Fapstronaut

That's most of it, just do it. It's important to have an goal to be achieved, I mean, if you don't have any goal or objetive to be achieved why wake up early? To make some plans before hand also help me a lot, especially when make your plan based on hours like: 7am - Wake Up 8am - Go jogging etc

CH3RRY and FX-05 like this.
  4. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut

Yeah, having a plan is another thing. If you don't have a plan, then you don't really have a direction to go in. You end up doing meaningless things that bring you instant gratification and you feel more passive which leads to anxiety and depression.

Daniel Forster likes this.
  5. SuperPowers

SuperPowers Fapstronaut

Use what's her names 5 second rule. She says that after 5 seconds your mind talks you out of it, so count backwards 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and move. You should be moving by 2,1.

Plan what you want done the night before, don't put too much on your plate or you will procrastinate, and focus on the first thing, just get up and have a shower, then you wanna eat and brush your teeth yeah, just have your shower for now and any time your procrastinate use the 5 second rule.

justafriend likes this.
  6. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Focus on actions rather than on feelings. For example, I don't wake up at 6am and then wait til I "feel" like running, I am dressed and out the door by 6am and start my run.

elevate likes this.
  7. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

What's comfortable now will be uncomfortable later (eg. instant convenient gratification junk food leads to health problems).

What's uncomfortable now will become comfortable later (eg. doing delayed gratification things you know you should be doing leads to healthy habits).

You have to have a good enough reason to do things that will initially make you feel like shit. Good enough reasons to leave pleasure for pain. To leave comfort for problems.

Most of the crucial things that will transform your life for the better you won't feel like doing them. You won't feel motivated / inspired. It can be scary / inconvenient / difficult / exhausting. So you have to condition yourself to face these things.