1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I deal with feelings of emptiness

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Kman20, May 20, 2018.

1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

That feeling where you get no excitement from anything or passion. Where your future goals just feel meh, like even if I do manage to accomplish said goal like acquire my own place what’s the point I won’t feel that good about it but even if I do the feeling won’t last. Not looking forward to doing anything either. Just feeling dead inside. I have hobbies but they feel dull right now. How do you deal with this feeling ?

2. Sounds like depression or some type. This might be a wild claim but I believe most of the depressions are caused by some type of hormonal imbalances. So anything that regulates your hormonal levels is important to do. Get enough sleep, but not too much. Go into sunlight and do some sunbathing. Do not wear sunglasses. Even normal glasses no! It filters a lot of sunlight frequencies that are important for hormonal regulation. Exercise and eat healthy diet. As well as meditate at least twice daily for min 20 minutes. Nofap helps too. And by nofap I mainly mean semen retention and abstinence from all forms of orgasm, even during real sex with your wife. All those things stimulates your body to get into healthy hormonal balance. That should get rid of depression.

u376 and Kman20 like this.
  3. Another explanation for clinical depression is an imbalance in neurotransmitters in the brain :( such as norepinephrine and serotonin. Antidepressants are non-addictive and you could discuss finding the right one with your doctor. It's up to you.

Kman20 likes this.
  4. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys I will try these.

5. You are wrong. Everything in excess can cause damage, sure. Even drinking too much water can kill you. But we need it for life. Same goes for sunlight. Yea, we should not fry ourselves until we look like lobsters and stare directly at sun and other stupid stuff some people do. I assume most people have common sense not to do that and that's not what I'm suggesting. But we need moderate amount of it for proper hormonal balance and health.

It is actually harmful for people's well being to suggest to always wear sunglasses. We need healthy amounts of eye exposure as well as skin exposure to natural sunlight. And we need full natural spectrum of light, even normal window glass filters a lot of light, we just can't notice it with naked eye, yet alone sunglasses that are specifically designed for it. The idea that people should avoid all sunlight by always wearing sunglasses and sunscreen is BS - Bad Science. You are perpetuating BS myth.
    That's another story. If somebody has a disease they should talk with their doctor about what is and what isn't safe for them. I am talking about people who do not have particular eye diseases. The same way I would recommend to ate more fruits to people because they are healthy, which might not be that good of an idea for diabetics. But that doesn't mean it's bad advice for rest. Natural sunlight to the eyes is healthy and necessary for proper hormone production and mood regulation.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
  6. I said everything I wanted to say to help OP's well being with useful advice and corrected your misinformation in my post above as an example for OP and other readers of this thread. Other than that I'm not your search bot. If you want to read more information on that you can find that stuff yourself. Or you can just blindly believe pop BS myths perpetuated by media. Up to you. I'm not here to convince any individuals and pull them out of shrouds of ignorance, especially if they are not willing to cooperate. That's too much work. I'm simply sharing the facts and information that people may not be aware of before that may help them out. Good luck with your life.

7. harry287

harry287 Fapstronaut

Hi I want to know Is headache is also part of withdrawals
    Because I am 9 day clean I have swear headache from yesterday night some time it goes and again come
    I wanr to know it's withdraws
    And I am also make love with my wife
    And I am not feel enjoyement with her
    May be this is thr reason or what else
    Please guide

8. Sounds like depression but see a doctor. We also tend to have motivation for things we believe we can attain. Write down the 1-3 things you want and make a clear step by step plan on how you will achieve it, this may or may not be all you need. You may also wanna try SAM-e, it is effective and works real fast. 2 is better than 1 and 3 is better than 2. Go with Doctors best double strength. Also St Johns wart has been shown clinically to be even more effective than anti depressants but it takes a while to kick in. I wouldntmess with those other things those guys are recommending personally.

Nah guys, you got it backward. I dont know what advertising you guys have in America but its depression that causes imbalances not imbalances that cause depression.

Also meds can be addictive.

You want to get to the root cause and pull it out and that can take time. That is a better option than using a band aid approach which the drug companies and the government want you on. See a psychologist and journal your thoughts every day and try to come to a resolve but a psychologist is the best thing you can do for yourself. Dontjump on meds because some guy told you on the internet, see a doctor for a proper evaluation.

9. what I would do is try to listen and pay more attention to what is going on in your life externally and internally maybe what you are going through is a sign a hint that you have been on the wrong path so now you can look for something more fulfilling that suits you more