1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I cope with being unattractive?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bluffy, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Hey guys.. so I am a junior in high school and I have really low confidence. I feel like I am really ugly compared to other guys. I know I don't want to sound like a girl and complain but it lowers my confidence completely.. I have ugly skin and my facial features are just not proportional and don't look good together.. i also have dark rings under my eyes and wrinkles on my face when I smile(yeah it's crazy since i'm only 16..) but yeah I am only on day 5 of nofap. My question though is how do I cope with being unattractive?

2. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Hey guys.. so I am a junior in high school and I have really low confidence. I feel like I am really ugly compared to other guys. I know I don't want to sound like a girl and complain but it lowers my confidence completely.. I have ugly skin and my facial features are just not proportional and don't look good together.. i also have dark rings under my eyes and wrinkles on my face when I smile(yeah it's crazy since i'm only 16..) but yeah I am only on day 5 of nofap. My question though is how do I cope with being unattractive?

3. Surrender

Surrender Fapstronaut

You're not ugly.
    When I was 16 I felt really ugly too, I had low self-esteem and was nervous and self-conscious.
    It will pass. Try to focus on nofap and you will start feeling more confident and goodlooking. You will start to glow, and girls will start to think "hey.. Why haven't I noticed that guy before?"
    Trust me on this.
    PM if you need any tips, advice or w/e.
    Bless you man.

4. Make the most of your looks then forget about them. Get a cool haircut, wear nice clothes, smell good, ensure you're wel groomed then let go; you've done all you can do. Girls are attracted to personality and I've lost count how many butt ugly dudes have landed smoking hot girls within my social circle. You have all you need!

5. Never_Return_There

Never_Return_There Fapstronaut

How do you cope with the feeling of being ugly ? STOP FAPPING !!!! After some time of abstinence, your skin will get better, your acne will disappear (it may take some more time for this) your dark circles under the eyes will go away too, and other things in your physical appearance will improve too.
    Besides, its not only this, but fapping gives you some psychological negative effect of low self esteem and hatred towards yourself, being always discontent from what you are, and sense that you dont deserve anything good, that you are a failure and other stuff like that. So, thats why i said stop fapping, and try to abstain as hard as you can, its like telling yourself that the next time you fap you would die, then if this was true, you wouldnt give in to fap, would you ???? But since you dont die, but cause big damage to your body and mind, which you certainly wouldnt want to have, you say "oo big deal, whatever ..."
    You see the point ??

6. Temujin

Temujin Guest

Trust me. You are not ugly. Plus even if you are it really is not as big of a deal as you might think.

I sometimes get down about my attractiveness. But then I think a single thing. 'Am I still going to go after what I want in life?'. If you answer yes to this question then it really does not matter.

See that attractive girl who is out of your league? I might be unattractive but I'm still going to go after what I want. Plus you might find that women often prefer a real connection with someone over just a male model. If you work on other things such as being relaxed and open then your physical attractiveness won't matter as much.

So to give a summary. All doubts are just trying to stop you taking action. If you are determined to take action towards what you want despite doubts then they really don't matter.

Just Pray, FreedomIsHere and Bluffy like this.
  7. @Bluffy

1. Write down everything you think is bad about you.

A. Make a list.

B. Write down solutions to it.

C. Implement the solutions.

To the stuff in your article:

1. For better skin check “skin care with Ross” on YouTube.

2. About your facial features, it may be about low self-esteem. I had it the same till hot girls started to get interested in me. Keep going.

3. To Dark Rings: Loreal is selling “vitalift for men” eye roller and it will fix it.

4. Don’t worry about your smile. People concentrate on emotions. People sometimes look funny/strange when laughing.

5. How do we deal with being unattractive. You simply fix it step by step.

@chefboyxo is right about that girls are attracted to character. Start to be true to yourself. After you implement the stuff above. Go to speak to girls. The sooner you start, the better will be your options.

Look for true connection.

Good Luck!

8. FreedomIsHere

FreedomIsHere Fapstronaut

Just keep doing NoFap and your skin and facial features will get better man. I recommend doing some exercise too like working out, playing sports. That should help boost your confidence and make you feel good. Hope you do well on your journey!

Bluffy and Never_Return_There like this.
  9. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

You recommend facial exercises even though I'm only 16? Isn't that bad since I'm supposedly still developing?

10. Bluffy

Bluffy Fapstronaut

Yeah maybe it's cause I'm only 16 and in high school. Ik people say high school doesn't really matter in life but idk

Never_Return_There likes this.
  11. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not everyone is attracted to the same thing. Focus on bettering yourself plus you're still growing!!! Love yourself first and then others will love you. Good luck!! Stay strong!

FreedomIsHere likes this.
  12. FreedomIsHere

FreedomIsHere Fapstronaut

No ahaha! I recommend general exercise, like running and working out like I said before! I don't know any facial exercises, never heard of those haha!

13. Pixelated Victory

Pixelated Victory Fapstronaut

I'd be willing to bet that you probably aren't ugly. Everyone is extremely insecure around that age about certain things. I was too. Don't worry about your looks because A. you aren't ugly and B. they don't matter to girls as much as you think. Work on your inner self.

Bluffy likes this.
  14. Never_Return_There

Yeah, you are in high school, so you probably shouldn care that much, when i was in high school, i didnt give a damn about how i looked like, i wore whatever clothes i liked, i was looking not cool from the outside, but i didnt care. Besides, you are sixteen, you have more time to fully grow and get fully developed, and you are not that ugly in this sense, because all of your so called defects you described are corrigible, and besides this, YOU ARE NOT LOSING YOUR HAIR YET, SO WHY WORRY ABOUT FACE AND OTHER THINGS ? YOU HAVE HAIR ON YOUR HEAD, YOU ARE NOT UGLY !!!
    If i could return back to my high school years, the only thing i would correct is that I WOULD not masturbate, IF I KNEW WHAT THIS WAS DOING TO ME, AS I DO NOW, I WOULD NEVER TAKE A STEP INTO IT, FOR SOME STUPID PLEASURE THAT LASTS 10 SECONDS AND IS FALSE ...
    maan, how much i regret about this ... :mad: :mad: :mad: Sometimes i am really mad at myself :mad:

So, my advice to you is, stop now, while you are not deep enough into it, dont tell yourself: "one more fap is gonna do nothing harmful" ... Stop now, and dont return back... This thing is awful, and more harmful than it seems ...

Bluffy likes this.
  15. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

Please stay a little calm in your words my friend.

16. Masquerade

Masquerade Fapstronaut

I think you have already posted this topic somewhere else.

17. Never_Return_There

Alright, my bad ...

18. Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out. Accept yourself and make the best of it. You are enough. Inside u have infinite potential

19. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

^This. Girls have a much bigger problem with being ugly. That's why makeup, magazines, fashion, plastic surgery, et cetera cater to them so much.

Confidence = status attracts women. They gauge different things than we do.

FeelingFine, fapstopper and Bluffy like this.
  20. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

They punch above their weight all the time (fat girls with thin boyfriends, etc) and act like only women are allowed to have standards

Bluffy and Congrelous like this.