1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hobbies for a teenager

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dead Kennedy, Dec 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Dead Kennedy

Dead Kennedy Fapstronaut

I recently removed all computer games from my computer and sold my PS4 (Both being triggers for my PMO) and wanted to pick up a productive hobby. I already read, meditate, and workout, but I would like to hear more suggestions on what I can be doing during the day besides online school

2. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Hiking, learning a language, writing, art.

3. The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger Fapstronaut

Archery, it’s really fun!

Knighthawk and Romans 6 23 like this.
  4. Romans 6 23

Romans 6 23 Fapstronaut

5. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Badminton with one or three buddies. Actually, doubles is the most fun.

6. I was going to say any instrument really.

Knighthawk, EthanW. and Romans 6 23 like this.
  7. Romans 6 23

Romans 6 23 Fapstronaut

any instrument is good, his name is reference to a punk band so i figured guitar is a good one. and you can pick one up used for cheap

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Guitar is definately a good one. ;)

9. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

If you're young, and really want to be industrious, start a plan to adapt your skills and knowledge into an outline for a business model. Then, organize hobbies around that goal. If you're going to be doing anything, you might has well be making money too.

Otherwise, learning a language is always a good idea (because of it's business value), and learning an instrument will help with discipline, if you're serious about it. Coding is a good investment. Personally, MMA is one of my favorite hobbies, but if you really want something for relaxation and a dopamine rush (I'm thinking in terms of replacing video games), then you should pick something you can have a passion for.

10. learn how to cook.
    which i will start also next week

11. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    you do online schooling, home schooling type stuff,, id say joina group that isa group thing,

12. Davinblake

Davinblake Fapstronaut

Buying and selling is good. Do not do arts, I don't believe it's a good "hobby", just a timetaker. Learn a classical language as Latin or Greek, they help you think and teach you practically every other language. Start studying philosophy and break your routines as much as possible. Boxing was a turnover for me, very relaxing and made me chill a shitton.

13. Bretto

Bretto Fapstronaut

Man, awesome effort selling the ps4 etc.
    I reckon hiking and camping. I used to watch a bit of Bear Grylls when I was younger and that motivated me to get outdoors and go on adventures.

It might sound bad but being in mother nature’s hands and knowing that things could go wrong and you might find yourself in a position to make some serious descisions...is so exciting!

Not to mention spending money on quality gear is also very motivating to get out there. And it’ll last.

Instruments are also cool.

When I was 20 I regretted not learning the guitar when I was 10. At 30 I regret not learning the guitar at 20!

Dead Kennedy likes this.