1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hii

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by BabySremm99, May 23, 2018.

1. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

I am not a chronic masturbator anymore, for a few months I've been PMOing for like alternate days.. More than once sometimes and sometimes a one-off..

But the whole thing about NoFAP is still a struggle and I cant fool myself anymore saying "I am not THAT MUCH into PMOing".. Because I am..

I kinda live in a small apartment with my family of 3 and perhaps thats why I dont get many opportunities or triggers but when we used to live in a bigger house I used to FAP a lot since I could have a whole room to myself..

So I want to start journaling on this forum, everyday and to make it a habit because I feel I will lack the dedication and commitment for this if I dont..

If I dont make journaling a habit I will probably fail again, because I noticed that when my streaks get beyond 7-10 days the triggers start more often and I sorta forget that I am actually an addict so I relapse again..

Once I am regular here, the commitment will be in place.. Even though this place reminds me that I am in a bad spot in life and its very scary honestly deep down I have to face this.

I was a warrior once, who stumbled hard and has been afraid of his enemies since, not anymore. No more will we let the demons make us afraid of them, we will win over this, together..

I hope for your support and I pledge mine as well.

2. You're in the right place, watch everything change one day at a time ..

All the best!

BabySremm99 and Deleted Account like this.
  3. Hello my friend

Yes.. getting rid of PMO is very important for self development and self discovery...
    It's a bumpy road full of good and not so good days...
    At the end of the day it's your willpower to win that get's you to another day free of this addiction...

So staying strong and motivated is important...
    You also need to be disciplined enough to survive the bad days...

Best of luck my friend...
    If you need help... You can holler and I will try my best

BabySremm99 likes this.
  4. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

"watch everything change one day at a time" exactly my feelings rn, thanks!

5. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

motivation and discipline. HELL YEAH!
    We gonna win! Keep going!
    I appreciate that very much, thank you! I'll ping you when I do need help..

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Sure dude... Anytime...
    I would suggest you to start building some healthier habits to replace the free time you spend on PMO...

BabySremm99 likes this.
  7. Hi. Welcome to forum!

You are right! Make sure you crate a personal journal thread in Reboot Logs section and blog there on a regular basis. As well as just generally be active participant in various forum discussions. I recommend this to everybody new here because it's the major thing that helped me when I was first starting. Just lurking on forums, reading and learning is great. But it usually is so much more powerful to engage. It helps to keep us motivated and accountable when we are active part of community. And keeps this in front of our minds so we don't forget about importance of it and slip away in our old habits. Sharing is also therapeutic. This is a major reason why AA meetings work so good. But that was developed before internet era. These days we can get most of the same benefits online through communities like this. So don't underestimate the power of active participation. I'm glad that you realized this!

I would also like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. And in recent decades the science is also catching up to what ancient sages have know for centuries. Meditation these days are widely used as very effective tool by psychologists for treating addiction and by neurologists for supporting recovery of the brain. It is a great exercise for the brain the same way as jogging is great exercise for the body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.

Wish you lot's of strength and success in your reboot journey!

BabySremm99 likes this.
  8. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

This is very uplifting and generous of you..
    Thank you so much, I am practicing about mindfulness but havent heard about mindfulness mediation.. I'll make sure t give it a look!
    I use headspace, very irregular though.. Kinda like when I feel like it yk!

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

I am so into that! I am dealing with this thing where you have too much on your plate and you just cant sort stuff anymore yk.. Like I have to get what I want to be clear in my own mind first and make it crystal clear so that I wake up with a defined purpose everyday right?

10. BabySremm99

BabySremm99 Fapstronaut

That counter of yours is motivating, thank you!! :))

Deleted Account and Alex King like this.