1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

High Blood Pressure

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by ClassyKing, Aug 16, 2018.

1. ClassyKing

ClassyKing Fapstronaut

So I've recently started noticing that I have what I think is high blood pressure. Before I started rebooting I would get spikes of pain and head rush from the point of orgasm. Now recently I started noticing the blood pressure rise when I'm feeling hot and bothered. I'll get a rush of heat to my head, and get a headache and sometimes dizzy. I want to start making life changes to my diet and fitness, but I don't know where to start when it comes to high blood pressure. Any advice would be appreciated.

P-Free likes this.
  2. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

With high blood pressure running in my family, I can say you should get more fruits/vegetables/whole grains while lowering sodium, saturated fat and LDL cholesterol for sure, and depending on your situation, increasing potassium (as it counteracts sodium’s effects). Aerobic exercise is usually good to do. Of course, you should probably get checked by a doctor/GP as their tests, examinations, etc can show what’s best for you.

3. Go to a doctor get it checked most of the time they will also want to check for high cholesteral which is done threw a blood test

ClassyKing likes this.
  4. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Exercise and fish oil (look for the kind with super-high Omega-3). Switch from regular table salt to sea salt (less actual sodium if you use the same amount, and it has more flavor). Drink more water, as your pulse and pressure can increase if the blood is too thick. Avoid stimulants like caffeine and sugar.

I don't worry much about dietary fat and cholesterol, as your body makes most of the cholesterol in your blood anyway!

ClassyKing likes this.
  5. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Fapstronaut

Dear ClassyKing,

I am replying to your post because I can relate; this is a problem I had when beginning NoFap. It is important that you realize that the mind is the body, and vice versa. It is known that certain thoughts, thinking patterns, can drastically increase blood pressure when your cholesterol and such are really just fine! I can say from personal experience that thoughts can be destructive to your body. NoFap will give you energy that you might not be used to having and do not know how to deal with. This will improve over time. I don't know your backround and0 situation but I definitely recommend that you ''challenge your mind''.

Some examples;
    -Just hit the gym without complaining and tell yourself you CAN do it.
    -Start eating healthy, do research on internet and your thought patterns will change.

Look dude, I hope you manage to improve this soon. All the best

ClassyKing and Deleted Account like this.
  6. Yeah, see a doctor. H P is not something to fool with.

Deleted Account and ClassyKing like this.
  7. P-Free

P-Free Fapstronaut

See a doctor. Making healthy changes is good (and no, I'm not pushing blood pressure meds!) but high blood pressure can be a very serious, even deadly, issue.

8. Bman101

Bman101 Fapstronaut

Hey there Classyking! First of all, have you been to a doctor? Do you have any close relatives ( mother/father/ grandparents) who suffer from high blood pressure from a younger age?

Have you tested to see your blood pressure when this happens or to see the normal value? Does it happen often? Could you also describe the pain? ( as in the site of the pain, if you feel like it is a stabbing or more like a grip on the chest, if it gets better at rest? how long it lasts?) Have you ever felt this pain and head rush when you've made some physical effort?

Like our fellow fapstronauts said above, you should cut on your salt intake, yet most advisable would be to go and see a doctor if this happens frequently.

Hypertension can be structured into two kinds: Primary/ Essential hypertension and Secondary hypertension. Whereas secondary hypertension has a definable cause which can be addresed, 90 % of pacients have Primary hypertension ( quite a scientific problem of unimaginable complexity).

Blood pressure= CO(cardiac output) x TRP (total peripheral resistance)

CO= SV(stroke volume) x HR( heart rate)

Whenever you get upset( SNS here as well), both the heart's contractily ( thus the SV value increase) and heart rate increase, meaning you will get a higher blood pressure. Furthermore due to SNS's(Sympathetic Nervous System- which deals with the big ejactulation) action, your venous tone will increase and thus more blood returns to the heart and again the SV increases. Also it increases the peripheral resistance due to its action on the alpha1 receptors.

I will also leave here what is deemed as normal values and unnormal ones.

Normal BP Systolic BP<120 mmHg and Diastolic BP <80mmHg
    Prehypertension Systolic BP 120–139mmHg Or Diastolic BP 80–89mmHg
    Stage 1 hypertension Systolic BP140–159mmHg Or Diastolic BP 90–99mmHg
    Stage 2 hypertension Systolic BP≥160mmHg Or Diastolic BP ≥100mmHg

9. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Exercise can reduce blood pressure as well as certain foods, like bananas. Taking fish oips can also help reduce blood pressure. Cutting back on caffeine could help as well.