1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Deleted Account, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hi, first of all I'm very glad to find this forum, I had no idea about this and I wish I could have found it earlier in my life.
    My name is Cristiano I'm 26 years old and I have P problems since my 12 years old when I used to "read" a P magazine from a friend. Since then, I could not stop doing that. When I was in church at my teenage, I tried to stop many times, but I only failed, I managed to be clean for 3 - 5 days max, but I always came back to it and I always felt terrible after the act. So I just gave up and embrace it, because people said it's normal, every boy does that etc. Because of that, I never felt the necessity to find a girl, instead, it was much easer to go P, like a shy person I am. I've been suffering this untill now.
    I'm not happy with my life, I have will to change that, but not the strength, I don't know it's just stronger than me. In December 2nd, I was reading about this theme in a Facebook page and that made me realize my current situation is due because I'm addict to P and M. Then after that day, I made a decision: to drop for good P and be a healthy person. I excluded my P collection, I felt it as a hard hit inside me.
    This is so hard, in my day, a voice in mind keep telling me to watch P and do that, it's almost inevitable, I have no idea how I am resisting that much, sometimes I want to cry, because I want to be strong and beat this thing, but I just can't find my strength. To be honest, I can't see me being that much away from it, but I don't want to go back there, I want a change in my life and start it by beating this, I'm tired to lose this battle. For the first time in a very long time in my life, I have hope and faith.

MainVein, Seeker401 and SolarCaine like this.
  2. Hi @CrisReis22,
    Thanks for being here.
    I wish you welcome, and very good luck on your journey and reboot.
    We know it can be hard to resist, but of course it's possible to overcome this.
    Do you have strategies to shut that voice in your mind up?
    How can your christian believe help to overcome the urges?

3. Thank you man! :D

I'm trying to keep my mind busy like reading a book, workout, playing some games, helping in house tasks and avoiding sexual thoughts. My religion didn't help me that much, so I'm not a practician anymore, to be honest, science made a bigger impact to me than my religion in this case, that's why I want to change.
    Today I had an erotic dream, as soon I realize it, I woke up and started my day on, I'm glad I could manage that.

MainVein likes this.
  4. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @CrisReis22, congrats on 12 days! If I can help, let me know.

5. Seeker401

Seeker401 Fapstronaut

Hi Cristiano, welcome to the community.

My advice is to just take one day at a time, and if that feels like too much then focus on one hour, one minute, one second. And if you fall, we will catch you.

Stay strong brother, I believe in you.

MainVein likes this.