1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Everybody

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Lynxsilvermoon, May 25, 2018.

1. Lynxsilvermoon

Lynxsilvermoon Fapstronaut

I've never been good with introductions, but I'll give it my best! Lol

I'm a 32 year old gay male. I've struggled with PMO since the age of 13. It wasn't until around the age of 18 (due to a terrible life event) that I turned to PMO almost exclusively, even when I was in a relationship.

Now that I'm married, I want to be able to have that connection with my husband that I've never had before. I've tried quitting many times before, but it never stuck. Hopefully this time, with the right supports, I can reach my goals.

2. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

Hi @Lynxsilvermoon ! Welcome to nofap. It has helped me stay clean 36 days so far. So I think it works pretty well. All I did was participate on the forum each day. Some days quite a bit. And I decided to do it again today since it helps me stay clean.

Lynxsilvermoon likes this.
  3. p3rs0nal

p3rs0nal Fapstronaut

Hey
    You'll notice the difference between fighting this war alone and fighting it with people in the same situation. It is a huge motivator knowing, that you'r not alone.
    Best of luck and i hope you'll be able to achieve this special connection with your husband.

PMO addict and Lynxsilvermoon like this.
  4. Hii Welcome to nofap community.Now you are on a great place....

5. Hi. Welcome to forum!

Make sure you crate a personal journal thread in Reboot Logs section and blog there on a regular basis. As well as just generally be active participant in various forum discussions. I recommend this to everybody new here because it's the major thing that helped me when I was first starting. Just lurking on forums, reading and learning is great. But it usually is so much more powerful to engage. It helps to keep us motivated and accountable when we are active part of community. And keeps this in front of our minds so we don't forget about importance of it and slip away in our old habits. Sharing is also therapeutic. This is a major reason why AA meetings work so good. But that was developed before internet era. These days we can get most of the same benefits online through communities like this. So don't underestimate the power of active participation.

I would also like to suggest you to look into mindfulness meditation. It has helped me personally tremendously to learn how to deal with urges. It takes a while to get good at it and notice results, so you need to be consistent with it, but once you do it's very powerful. It has been used by sages for thousands of years to deal with various issues of the mind. And in recent decades the science is also catching up to what ancient sages have know for centuries. Meditation these days are widely used as very effective tool by psychologists for treating addiction and by neurologists for supporting recovery of the brain. It is a great exercise for the brain the same way as jogging is great exercise for the body. Check out this Ted talk, it gives a good idea of what's it about when it comes to philosophy. As far as practical side of it there is this awesome smartphone app called Headspace for guided meditations to get you started.

Wish you lot's of strength and success in your reboot journey!

Lynxsilvermoon likes this.
  6. Invictus13

Invictus13 Fapstronaut

7. Invictus13

Invictus13 Fapstronaut

Welcome I'm new as well to the group and PMO has been a constant struggle for me as well.

8. PMO addict

PMO addict Fapstronaut

Hi Invictus13! Welcome aboard!