1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, new serious try!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by baZo, Dec 10, 2018.

1. baZo

baZo Fapstronaut

Hello there!

Realized I had an addiction about five years ago, I'm 31 years old currently.
    Struggled blindly for a few years without really understanding the methods, or knowledge of withdrawal symptoms.
    Trying it in the dark like that made it more difficult than necessary. Withdrawal symptoms which I have understood more recently, explains a lot about why i have been afraid of more serious tries of getting over this addiction.
    I had a very turbulent time back then with a lot of strange things going on in life. So I got sick, I am a quite sensitive person and things got too much for me.

But gotten through most of it, and now I got support by my new wonderful girlfriend. It's been a lot trail and error, ups and downs. Life's been on hold slowly trying to get back, now I'm very hopeful to manage this.

Some other things I wanna replace the P with are, learning languages (starting with German, I'm a native swedish speaker, thinking about Arabic or Spanish next).
    And starting more of my creative projects in painting writing, and picking up music production.
    Also getting some movement and healthy food in the mix.

Well that's it for now, cheers!
    Have a nice day

2. LakeMichigan

LakeMichigan Fapstronaut

@baZo welcome to nofap. I think there are a few good things going in your favor! The most important thing is you admitted that you have an issue and then You already have tried this and learned a few things about what not to do and finally you have a girlfriend and she knows about this issue. These factors eliminate a lot of obstacles that otherwise would have present in your journey. You will make great progress if you regularly come here and keep yourself engaged with the community.
    I wish you good luck!

3. baZo

baZo Fapstronaut

Great input, I often have a hard time seeing how much I actually have going for me. Thanks for pointing some things out for me ..
    Have a great day

LakeMichigan likes this.