1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have you changed?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Flossy Carter, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Flossy Carter

Flossy Carter Fapstronaut

Some of us, are/were introverts and suffer from social anxiety.
    During the years, have you changed to be more outgoing and open to people?
    I feel like I've definitely changed but still suffer from soical anxiety and still an introvert but that improved by a lot.
    My mind is, i guess you can say, extroverted in someway.
    For example, when I'm alone, i like to dance and sing along a song that i like but when I'm with people, i would just sit there and not doing anything.
    Please, share with us your experience with social anxiety.
    Thank you.

I Free I and Deleted Account like this.
  2. anujtc

anujtc Fapstronaut

You should put some stress on your social skills and try to improve them.
    Remember that nofap give you freedom.This includes freedom to speak.

3. I still suffer from improper social skills and social anxiety (a lot of work to do on that area). With NoFap though it has gotten better, I am more social and outgoing you see bc pmo makes you very introspective and introverted, since it's all about self. I'm also an introvert so welcome to the club. Glad to see you're doing better.

Flossy Carter likes this.
  4. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

You could say that I'm more outgoing compared to 2 years ago. It does depend on the scenario though. I'm more outgoing with friends (who I know won't judge me). The reverse counts for people I don't really know. Maybe something to work on

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Yes - I use a more exspensive toothpaste now because I have a dry mouth due to the medication I take (true story.)

Aiyoshi likes this.
  6. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Of course, everyone changes everyday.

7. avatarivn

Well, in my case, I would say I have improved (somewhat) with my social anxiety thanks to my attempts to cut down PMO and because I have found myself craving a bit more social interactions. I am still a stay-home introvert, but I no longer find myself unable to join some friends to dinner or something.

8. I am nearly 4 months into nofap and I haven't changed much but a little. I have had video game addiction which probably slows down the rebooting process

9. BoiledEggplant

BoiledEggplant Fapstronaut

Since I'm eating much healthier and stopped smoking alongside NoFap I definitely feel better. My health is up and my overall mood and mode of thought is elevated. However it's too early to note any excessive benefits of NoFap since I'm only 10 days in.

10. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Speaking of change, my underwear. Needs it.

11. AntiqueRevolverGuy

AntiqueRevolverGuy Fapstronaut

I've become a LOT more outgoing and open with family and what not.

However I really contribute that to all the pain I've been through these last few months, it has made me throw away a lot of my anxiety.
    I do hope once I get back my 26 day streak I'll open up a lot more and maybe even have confidence enough to talk to women and what not.

But more importantly though, I also hope NoFap will give me the bravery to go to college. All that testorone would be perfect for studying and reading books.

12. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I am in my 30s and I still keep to myself but I can navigate a conversation better than I used to. I was sooo awkward in high school :p

13. Maybe a lot of you guys are in positions that you don't really want to be in. So of course you become awkward, or anxious. Look at where you want to go, or be.

14. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

I am extroverted, but many people do not know it. I was moved around quite a bit as a child, and I had to learn how to adapt. Until I feel comfortable in a new group, I go into an observation-investigation-integration mode that appears to be introversion. The moving did not stop after I moved out and settled down. In one 12 month period, we had our furniture in 5 different addresses, and two months on a ship.
    I think there are extroverts who have lived in hiding, not feeling at home in the reality around them. Leaving their screen reality, they begin feeling more at home and at ease with those around them.

15. I was the quiet guy in my crowd of friends, and the wall flower at parties back in high school.

However, in the past two years I have changed a lot in terms of being social. I am first and foremost an introvert, which has a common misconception of being synonymous with social anxiety, but this isn't true since I still really enjoy social interaction, just under certain circumstances such as deep/meaningful conversations with smaller crowds. I have gotten less nervous in crowds though, thanks to my weight loss and my retail job which helped me get used to talking to strangers.

Desensitizing yourself to social interaction is key. If you refrain from anything for too long, you will be rusty when you come back to it.