1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone read What Radical Husbands Do: 12 Steps to Win and Keep Your Wife's Heart

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingToHeal, Dec 21, 2018.

1. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

This book looks really interesting to me. I am wondering what you've thought if you have read it?
    I think my husband mostly gets it, so I'm not sure if it would be useful at this point, hoping to figure out if it goes beyond the "getting it" stage.
    I read the sneak preview and it seems like there is a section on avoiding P so I thought it might be relevant here.

2. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

Yeah I am not religious. Is the book? I know from the title it sounded that was but in the description it said no religion and then from what I read of the (large) preview I didn't see religious stuff mentioned. I don't mind some but don't want it to be the focus since that wouldn't work for us.

3. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

Not part of any religion at the moment.

4. TryingToHeal

TryingToHeal Fapstronaut

OK, thanks.

(Edit - me saying I don't mind some is because you asked me about MY religious beliefs... I'm not sure why, but you did. He is not religious either.)

I know this is his recovery. He has had the lightbulb moment/rock bottom and has done a 180 on himself. He is a completely different person than he was before, and has been that way for over a year now. I have no concerns in that area. I wasn't looking for the light bulb moment, that's already happened, which is kind of why I was wondering how this book was from those who have read it. Is it just a book for getting them to wake up or does it go beyond that and would it be helpful or good to read for a PA? This book just popped up when I was searching for a couples journal to give him for Christmas, something we could do together in the New Year, because he's asked for more things that build intimacy (not sex). He doesn't use the internet at all, so it isn't as easy for him to find things (he does still in other ways, but the internet makes it a lot easier!). I didn't go seek it out, it just kind of caught my attention because of the way the author spoke. I was just wondering how it was from a PA perspective. I wasn't searching for a book to make him get it.

I agree that you can get useful info out of a religiously slanted book even if you aren't religious, I have many times. Religion wasn't what I was trying to discuss with this post though, so I'll leave it at that.
    We aren't divorcing or close to that. I just really wanted to know about THIS book because I liked what the author said. I'm not searching for other sources about this same topic. He likes to read stuff like this so I thought he may like it, was just curious from the standpoint of a PA and if it went beyond the "getting it" stage.

I looked at this book when you first mentioned it a while back, I didn't think it was for us, but I think it is awesome that it has helped so many. That is fantastic.

Thank you, I'll check out Gary's book sometime. I really do want to know about this book in the title though, too. Thanks.

I'm not angry in the least. I appreciate you trying to help. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018