1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone of you noticed any Coffee negative side effects after relapse???

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Unjustfailure, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

Have anyone of you noticed any side effects with coffee? Especially during release cycles?

This kind of thing has happened more than once...
    I drink 2 cups of coffee on average daily.
    I came to my attention that somehow - maybe in relation to frequent relapsing -
    It affects my mood, behavior and quite possibly multiplies my anxiety while I'm socially interacting.
    I was on my way to a job meeting today after a relapse and although I could feel my body recovering and still being "present", I decided to take a coffee as usual ( having in mind a similar side effect from multiple previous experiences). After consuming the coffee although I was still at the meeting listening I felt a lot more impulsive and not being able to focus.
    Eventually I excused myself and went out for something of urgent reason.
    Other times similar effects when I'm out hanging out with friends after consuming coffee.
    It's not a "placebo" it in my mind thing because I can see a real difference when I'm drinking coffee at all.

So as asked in the beginning what's your experience?
    If there is a scientific/medical explaination (.. Link maybe?) I would love to hear it

2. Unjustfailure

Unjustfailure Fapstronaut

3. Amphibian

Amphibian Fapstronaut

So, I've actually thought about this specifically. I recall reading (to be fair I can't recall the source) that caffeine hits you with dopamine, although not in a sexual way obviously, but still.

More generally I've thought that my reboots would be longer and more successful if I just generally was much more austere in a lot of things that would give me a dopamine burst; ie listening to pop music, warm showers, coffee/iced tea.

I don't have anything really to back that up, it's just something I've thought about. But this whole process is a trial and error

4. Infrasapiens

Infrasapiens Fapstronaut