1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone here been on SSRI’s for anxiety?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by R92B, Dec 25, 2017.

1. My anxiety has gotten really bad since I started a new job. It’s always been bad but it’s getting very noticeable to people and unmanageable.

Has anyone been on SSRI’s and if so can you tell me about your experience? I’ve heard it’s not good for your long term health and can lead to dimentia etc but I’m running out of options. Rational thinking and CBT has had little effect over a number of years.

Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas for those celebrating.

2. Dr_prof

Dr_prof Fapstronaut

Ssri are good for anxiety, some better than others. They don’t cause dementia and are safe to use. Avoid parole time and fluoxetine.

3. TreeGuy

TreeGuy Fapstronaut

i have been on several SSRIs, did nothing positive for me to be honest, but they may for you. i had no benefits but all the side effects.
    id prefer more natural solutions if you can, diet, exercise, CBT (i know you said that didnt work, there are other options like it) meditation etc

Strength And Light likes this.
  4. Introvert24

Introvert24 Fapstronaut

Ive been on an SSRI(paroxetine) for the past 12 months and it has controlled my anxiety completely. will soon be tapering off. theres decreased libido overall and you might not be able to ejaculate initially(that will go away later on). Thats all for its physical side affects. I have reduced feelings of guilt, fear, sadness (emotional blunting) which may become uncomfortable for some as they are so used to those feelings, but there is such a sense of calm in my head now.

5. Beamer_Dreamer

Beamer_Dreamer Fapstronaut

I've been on a low dose of sertraline because my anxiety was getting really bad. I felt like I was almost suffocating for two weeks straight.

The first day or two I felt really weird. It gave me a her flash and some other come like symptoms and sweating but it went away quickly. It took a week or two to really kick in but it's been amazing since. I'd suggest going up a general physician and see what they think you should do. They may start you on a low dose of something not too strong to start like me which ended up being all I needed and if you need something more they'll go from there.

For the time being though, I recommend a homeopathic calming pill called calm-aid. I use it with my sertraline and at the beginning I'd use it before going to Xanny if it wasn't enough. After 2 weeks it was plenty and I stopped using the Xanny. It's a lavender pill that really helps you relax and it's over the counter and homeopathic so you can take it with pretty much anything else without drug interaction problems.