1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone ever heard of "Cognitive Remediation"?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I'm trying it for the first time at my mental health clinic, they offer it on a computer program. What is it exactly? I hear it's about emotional and memory training, but I don't know exactly what it is.

2. HuwhiteMale

HuwhiteMale Fapstronaut

A quick google search says it is a program(s) design to improve memory, planning, and attention span. Which makes sense because Cognitive = "Thinking"; Remediation = "Healing" or "Cure". If physical therapy is exercises intended to restore muscle tissue and motor-function, cog-rem would be mental therapy designed to strengthen your mind.

Edit: But no, I don't think I've ever heard of it before - maybe in passing, but I've never looked into it.

Edit: They'll probably have you play little memory games and brain teasers and solving puzzles and such. Can you confirm this?

Anonymous86 likes this.
  3. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

I can't confirm it yet. I haven't started it yet. Starting it soon though at my clinic though. :-D